Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Yet another Anafi FPV option...

Rowdyrocket

Reaction score
Ended up purchasing a small FPV camera with built in transmitter for about $16 on Amazon then added a small lipo I had from another drone to power it. Doesn't add much weight. Attached them using small rubber bands. Then connected to the camera transmitter via my Eachine EV800D headset. Works awesome! I get real-time FPV while also recording with the Anafi 4K. Couldn't be happier with this setup!

Attachments

• PicsArt_05-16-10.45.55.jpg
    PicsArt_05-16-10.45.55.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 55
  • PicsArt_05-16-10.49.14.jpg
    PicsArt_05-16-10.49.14.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 51
  • PicsArt_05-16-10.50.57.jpg
    PicsArt_05-16-10.50.57.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
Excellent secondary camera setup, looks great!

How is the range, 300-500 meters?

Thanks for sharing,
Paul

Just went out to test my limits. I get about 1200 feet (365 meters?) before I start losing the feed which is also about the time I start losing connection with the Anafi in my area. There's some static around 800ft but it's still viewable. According to the reviews on the camera people have been able to get a mile up to five miles with different antennas I'm just using the stock antennas on my headset and the transmitter/camera. I'm very pleased with the results.

Here's what I'm using...

Camera..
GOQOTOMO GT02 200mW 5.8GHz 40CH FPV Video Transmitter with Ultra Micro AIO NTSC 600TVL Camera Combo for FPV Indoor Racing Amazon.com: GOQOTOMO GT02 200mW 5.8GHz 40CH FPV Video Transmitter with Ultra Micro AIO NTSC 600TVL Camera Combo for FPV Indoor Racing: Home & Kitchen

The camera does get pretty hot as many reviewers point out.

Camera holder..
Crazepony 3pcs FPV Camera Mount Inductrix Tiny Whoop for Quadcopter Camera Amazon.com: Crazepony 3pcs FPV Camera Mount Inductrix Tiny Whoop for Quadcopter Camera: Toys & Games

I just used small rubber bands to hold it all together. Works well. Though one of the holders did melt a bit upon my first flight. Perhaps because I did a lot of hovering instead of flight to get comfortable with it. If I could grab a carbon holder I would. Definitely wouldn't put the hot camera on my Anafi without something in between.

Headset..
[US$90.99 30% OFF]Eachine EV800D 5.8G 40CH Diversity FPV Goggles 5 Inch 800*480 Video Headset HD DVR Build in Battery RC Parts from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood.com

There is the cheaper version EV800 that does not include the built in DVR. I believe it's about $60. Let me know your results if you ever give it a try.

That’s very impressive, good video feed in an area with inference. Good flying abilities too, good job!

Appreciate you listing information on the components, I’ll review what you listed this week when time allows.

Great informative post!
Paul

Reactions: Rowdyrocket
That would be so easy to activate the FPV mode on FFP6 like it was on Bebop 2....

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Yeah I know and I wrote parrot requesting that feature. The problem is the lag from the video feed. I originally set it up with my phone in a headset which I think would be the same as them activating it. The response time with the FPV cam is much faster and makes a huge difference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seow