Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

3 Meter Disco Replica

Nexus

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I thought you may be interested to see my scratch built 3 meter Disco Replica. Its all depron and carbon composites etc . Flying with Spekrum receiver 5000mah 4S lipo metal geared servos. and A3 super flight controller, No camera or live video feed as yet fitted .

Fly's very well and has a huge and long glide scope.

All the best, I am looking for a reasonably priced CHUCK unit but the best I have seen is like £150.00 so far.

PS now fitted with a Zohd autopilot with GPS/RTL Autolaunch/Orbit and Fence mode.

Attachments

• IMG_0189.JPG
    IMG_0189.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0192.JPG
    IMG_0192.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0195.JPG
    IMG_0195.JPG
    982.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0193.JPG
    IMG_0193.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0214.JPG
    IMG_0214.JPG
    93.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0215.JPG
    IMG_0215.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_0216.JPG
    IMG_0216.JPG
    100.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
It is now fitted with a ZOHD autopilot giving Autolaunch and orbit/Full stabalize/ and GPS return to launch and orbit on a 3 pos switch

I also built a 2.5 meter replica of the Ebee pro survey drone a while ago with an APM flight controller

Attachments

• IMG_0126.JPG
    IMG_0126.JPG
    4.4 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0128.JPG
    IMG_0128.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 7
Reactions: AlexMcG
It is now fitted with a ZOHD autopilot giving Autolaunch and orbit/Full stabalize/ and GPS return to launch and orbit on a 3 pos switch

I also built a 2.5 meter replica of the Ebee pro survey drone a while ago with an APM flight controller
Nice work!

i, too, am liking the simplicity of the ZoHD Kopilot, after years of APM and Pixhawk work.

The weather has been terrible for the last three months in the UK. Will get some video sorted as soon as weather improves........ But it looks just the same as a normal Disco in the Air only Bigger !

Great to hear that! Can't wait to see it in the air! What is the increase on weight? Do you expect better gliding performance?

Weight is about 3.2lbs ready to fly. Its mostly made of DepromFoam and carbon composites. Yes it glides on an on when coming in for landing

Wow it is so light for such a large wing span. Have you ever thought of adding flaps? I guess the problem is how to control that with Chuck

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar