Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

3rd Time is a Charm

pmh1nic

Reaction score
I've posted about the failures I had with the first two Anafi's I purchased. Both times the controller would not charge and ultimately wouldn't turn on. I contacted Parrot and they asked that I return the 2nd unit to the vendor and get another one. I was reluctant to do this since I didn't want to be the test engineer for Parrot a third time and was about to give up and get an Autel Evo. But the vendor had one more Anafi in stock and when I check the serial number it was a newer unit separated from the last unit by a couple of hundred numbers so I figured I'd give it one last try. I really like some of the features of the Anafi (good camera, quiet, no NFZ internal restrictions, etc.) so I really wanted this tor work but was ready to give it up and go with the Evo.

I got home and plugged both the drone and controller in a phone USB charger. The controller led stayed red which was a good sign (both the other controllers led's turn green almost immediately) so I knew something was different. After about an hour both the drone and controller were charged and to my surprise the controller powered up when I lifted the phone holder. Another good sign. I downloaded FreeFlight 6 to my phone and each step in the process of downloading the latest firmware to the controller and drone went flawlessly.

Of course I wasn't going to be satisfied until I at least saw the drone fly even if it was in the confines of my living room. I turned the drone off and back on again, the controller paired with it and the "Fly" command lite up green (there was a warning that the drone hadn't accessed enough satellites). I punched take-off, the propellers began to turn and the drone lifted up to about a height of three feet. It was stable, steady and with very slight movement of the joysticks followed my commands.

So now I am officially a member of the Anafi pilots club. Of course I'm thrilled this 3rd unit has functioned normally and look forward to really flying it when the weather permits (after I label it with the registration numbers).

Congrats! Today was my maiden flight with my new Anafi as well. I had a great 19 minute flight and started to play with some of the camera settings. I had an issue with no video at first but I unplugged the USB from the controller and plugged it back in and it fixed it. I also noticed you can't zoom in when taking photos unless you turn off lossless zoom and have it in regular jpeg mode which was a total bummer since I bought it because of the zoom feature to take pictures... Maybe I just don't have something configured correctly.

Reactions: pmh1nic
I would be careful flying (Even just taking off) with the anafi indoors, its can drift a far bit on take off!

I would be careful flying (Even just taking off) with the anafi indoors, its can drift a far bit on take off!

This was a concern. Fortunately it was very stable and maybe moved 1" or 2" in each direction as it hovered with no input from me.

I'm wondering if the drift is more the drone attempting to maintain a GPS lock versus some inherent instability of its flight characteristics. I have a couple of drones I fly in manual mode indoors and they are inherently very stable with very little drift indoors with no wind.

I'm wondering if the drift is more the drone attempting to maintain a GPS lock versus some inherent instability of its flight characteristics. I have a couple of drones I fly in manual mode indoors and they are inherently very stable with very little drift indoors with no wind.

Could be, I do notice some times the drone has no / very little drift and some times its drifts more than 1 mtr on initial launch, basically I wouldn't launch the drone in doors unless it was a very big clear room, I live in a tiny apartment :p

Welcome to the club. Out if the 4 drones I own, Anafi, Breeze, Mavic Air and Spark that Anafi is the one I fly most.
I love it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peacefulparrots76