Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

5Ghz channels gone

MightFlight

Reaction score
I just learned that tere are no regular 5ghz from 36-48 channels to choose from or DFS only 5.8ghz wifi channels. Why does FF6 disallow these?

Attachments

• 20230922_170439.png
    20230922_170439.png
    118.2 KB · Views: 14
I just learned that tere are no regular 5ghz from 36-48 channels to choose from or DFS only 5.8ghz wifi channels. Why does FF6 disallow these?
Looks like you are in CE mode and not FCC mode. What country are you flying in? FF6 determines a country code and only allows certain channels based where you are located.

Reactions: MightFlight
What FW are you on for drone & controller and ver of FF6?

In FCC mode you should see channels 1 thru 11 and 36, 40, 44, 48, 149, 153, 157, 161, and 165.

I think in another post you indicated that you have two anafi’s. Do you have same problem with both being stuck in CE mode?
Another issue with CE mode WiFi range will be reduced.

There was some buggy FW several years ago. Here is a thread on that topic

Drone v 1.8.2
Conttoller v 1.8.1
FF 6.7.6 latest for android

Everything is latest version hard reset dont work fixing it.

Do you have the same problem with both of your Anafi’s being stuck in CE mode?

I have no idea what could be causing your issue.

I don’t know if this will work in your case but there is a modified version of FF6 available at link below that may force it into FCC mode. Many folks on forum use it including myself as it also includes a battery voltage reading while flying. The download is at bottom of 1st post. Read thru thread to see if it’s right for you.

1 anafi does have all channels, 1 doesnt. I would have all 5ghz channels back with this modified app?

Just a note, the anafi ai is not doing some 5ghz either looks exactly like my graph and it is not n ce mode either.

Scroll down to radio performances.

Drone v 1.8.2
Conttoller v 1.8.1
FF 6.7.6 latest for android

Everything is latest version hard reset dont work fixing it.
there is two resets,first by pressing and holding power button for 10-12 seconds,second reset,which will prompt you to do anafi calibration is by touching ( X) drone icon (next to Sd card icon)in Freeflighht 6, in next screen scroll down past map and info and hit Reset button,take anafi outside and do calibration,hopefully it will clear itself 😳

Reactions: MightFlight
Great news! All 5ghz channels are back and power level is FCC. I did the reset through the gui of FF6 hidden at the bottom of anafi information page and that one worked. I don't know why there are 2 reset options. I guess I am now out of CE mode as well. I am not certain what caused this but my phone was listed as another country in android - general management - date and time - time zone - region section, when I set it up. Set to US there and saved, then reset anafi. Now anafi GPS is giving me the correct time as well for after flight reports on FF6 flights. If your GPS flights have the wrong time, that is how you fix it. If you are traveling out of US, with drone change that back in android settings to whatever country then reset anafi and back in CE mode. Pretty cool huh?

Thanks BRC & Skydreamer.

Last edited:
Reactions: BRC

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ0hns21