Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

A couple of questions

briwy

Reaction score
Just bought a Anafi Thermal and so far I'm very impressed with it. I have been flying drones for about six years, mainly DJI models so I'm on a slight learning curve with the FreeFlight 6 app.
About the only thing I have a real problem with is that there is no on/off switch on the controller. Big issue for me as when on a job I need to probably fly three or four flights over a period of an hour or so which means taking the tablet off the holder, taking the holder off the controller and then reassembling it all again for the next flight.I don't want to leave the controller on as it will obviously gradually flatten the battery. Has anyone managed to fit a small switch to the controller to turn it on/off?

Second query is about the type of monitor. With all my DJI kit I use a Crystalsky monitor which is really bright. Going back to a normal phone/tablet I really struggle in bright sunlight. Has anyone found a way to get the FreeFlight app to work on a Crystalsky? The app will load and run but it wont connect to the drone, all the control button show up but the screen area is black.

Thanks for any help

Well I agree with your first point, I use a tablet holder that must be assembled/disassembled so a physical on-off button would be appreciated. Maybe a hack or add on will be offered?

I use a mini 4 which is just bright enough for me, but I haven't been spoiled by a high nit screen yet so I don't want to get spoiled.

As for your Crystal Sky I see no reason it should not hook straight up. One thing to try and seems to happen more with Android OS then iOS is if you have no video feed try and pull out the USB cable and reconnect it. I had that problem a lot with a older tablet.
USB cables can be a pain also. Try a different one. I know the crystal sky works with other manufactures like the Autel EVO so I see no reason for it not to work on the Anafi.
Good luck

As for your Crystal Sky I see no reason it should not hook straight up. One thing to try and seems to happen more with Android OS then iOS is if you have no video feed try and pull out the USB cable and reconnect it. I had that problem a lot with a older tablet.
USB cables can be a pain also. Try a different one. I know the crystal sky works with other manufactures like the Autel EVO so I see no reason for it not to work on the Anafi.
Good luck

Yes I can run Litchi, Pix4D etc on the Crystalsky but some others just don't work. The problem appears to be that DJI in their wisdom have left certain bits out of the Android setup, namely Google Play and Google Services. Apparently it is possible to hack the CS but there is a risk of bricking it which I'm not prepared to do. Hopefully DJI will do a firmware update to include the required bits.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
folgorem