Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

A good PD wall charger and Powerbank

Leandrov

Reaction score
Could anyone suggest a good wall charger and a powerbank, both with Power Delivery?
If so, what is the actual charge time?

After a lot of research, I decided to go with the Ankar USB-C PD 30W charger. Everyone claims it charges completely in the 1 hour and 5 minutes to 1 hour 10 minutes neighborhood. I can't confirm this as I won't receive my charger until Saturday.

I saw last night where parrot is coming out with a WORKS package that includes extra batteries and a mobile PD charger capable of charging multiple batteries simultaneously. It's not available yet and is part of a package. I am hoping that Parrot offers the charger as an Anafi accessory in the near futre, but who knows. I planned to buy a couple of more wall chargers once I am satisfied the Ankar 30W does the job but now I may wait a little bit and see if the WORKS multi-charger will, in fact, be offered first.

There is another thread on the Anafi form called "Best Battery Charger", I think, that covers the charger topic as well. There is also another thread that outlines the contents of the Anafi WORKS package" "Likelihood of a Fly More Package from Parrot".

Eric

Could anyone suggest a good wall charger and a powerbank, both with Power Delivery?
If so, what is the actual charge time?

I am use this charger, total time 1:44

Attachments

• IMG_1624.jpg
    IMG_1624.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 6F67ABA2-8A4C-423F-8F76-F4C1CE93D73E.JPG
    6F67ABA2-8A4C-423F-8F76-F4C1CE93D73E.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 9
After a lot of research, I decided to go with the Ankar USB-C PD 30W charger. Everyone claims it charges completely in the 1 hour and 5 minutes to 1 hour 10 minutes neighborhood. I can't confirm this as I won't receive my charger until Saturday.
I doubt you’ll get anywhere close to 1 hour charging, 1:45 is more typical.

I am use this charger, total time 1:44
These are not PD, they are QC.

For fast charging you need PD, not QC. PD charge ports will always be an USB-C plug, if you're using an USB-A cable somewhere then you're not running PD.
The battery does not make QC chargers switch into high voltage mode, they stay at 5V/2A aka 10W, or the reported 1h45 to charge the reasonably flown 20Wh battery.
With a suitable PD charger (seems it doesn't do it with all of them...) it switches to 12V supply at about 1.45A aka around 17.5W and there you'll get it full in about 1h10.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dirk_ANAFI

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut