Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Add a manual switch on the Anafi controller

Peapea

Reaction score
Hello,

I am new to the Anafi forum.

First, sorry for my poor english, school is very far !

Coming from the DJI world (Phantom then Mavic) I was seduced by the small size of the Anafi, its silence, and ease of transport that it offers.

I use my drone most of the time during hikes. And in this case, it is important to have a quick machine to "unsheath / rengainer". This avoids missing a very punctual shooting, animals in situation, not to mention the many cases where once the device in operation, it is too late to shoot.

And of course also not to annoy the friends, who must wait for the end of manipulations!

By cons, in this case the Anafi is not as effective as I thought.

This is the very principle of the automatic start / stop of the controller which is in question, because it is necessary each time to disconnect and remove the smartphone, and close the support / antenna, and therefore disconnect the controller.

I just made a fairly simple change, which keeps these 2 elements assembled and connected, by controlling the controller switch manually.

All associated with a harness specific to the Anafi on the backpack, and the controller to the belt, which allows the commissioning in 40 seconds, as long as one is in an area where the acquisition of satellites is fast.

And the hand launch contributes to this express commissioning. I even perform the procedure without stopping to walk, ideal for a "Follow me".

Here are some pictures to give an idea of the principle.

Of course it must be kept in mind that this kind of modification voids the warranty. Moreover, you have to be

quite precise doing the holes, so as not to risk damaging interior components if piercing too deep.

Controller stopped.jpgController in use.jpgQuick hitch.jpgQuick coupler attachment.jpgDrone harness.jpg

Reactions: AugerIn
That is quite a neat idea and well executed.

I had thought of opening up the controller, using the wrench supplied for the propellers, and fitted a slide switch in the battery power lead. This would also need a small rectangular hole making in the back of the controller. However I decided against it as I would not like to be able to inadvertantly switch the controller off whilst the Anafi was in flight.

That is quite a neat idea and well executed.

I had thought of opening up the controller, using the wrench supplied for the propellers, and fitted a slide switch in the battery power lead. This would also need a small rectangular hole making in the back of the controller. However I decided against it as I would not like to be able to inadvertantly switch the controller off whilst the Anafi was in flight.

Hi Liger ...

There is no really a risk to shut down the controller in flight, because the drone will wait wisely for a moment that the connection is restored, and at worst perform a RTH.

This fellow here when he modded his antenna he added a external switch. He never gave any detail on the procedure but it can't be that hard if you how to solder.

45370939_10156174895912762_1629665533047603200_n.jpg

This fellow here when he modded his antenna he added a external switch. He never gave any detail on the procedure but it can't be that hard if you how to solder.

Yes, it was my first idea.
But when I have opened the controller, I have found a 4 poles switch welded on the main board.
So, I preferred stay " basic " !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar