Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Advice on New battery.

Pretty Parrot

Reaction score
I have had my Anafi for nearly four years. Two of the batteries will fly for about 5 minutes, one 30 seconds, so all more or less finished. I have just bought a new Anafi battery from Parrot. I have read various threads about batteries, but I want to make sure I am looking after the new battery as well as I can. In the past the batteries just discharged themselves meaning often they were flat for a while. I want to avoid this. Assuming I don't Fly the Anafi for a few weeks, how do I keep the batteries at their best? Do I charge it to two bars once a week, no more or less. Or maybe three bars once a fortnight. I would charge it fully before a flight. I also see after a flight the battery should rest for a while, then charge it again. Thank you for any help.

Does no one have any basic information on charging batteries? I also notice the new battery came flat.

When you say the new battery came "flat" do you mean that no led's lit when you pressed the button? LiPo batteries are normally shipped at a low voltage but not normally flat.

I run LiPo batteries in my model planes and I believe that to keep them on good shape:-
1) Do not over discharge them.
2) Do not store them at full charge for more than a couple of days.
3) For long term storage they should be at between 3.7 and 3.8v/cell.

I use the modified FF6 Android app so that I can see the battery voltage in flight. I normally try to land when there is no less than 7.0v in the battery as the voltage will recover when the motors are stopped. For storage I charge them until I have 2 solid led lights and the third just started flashing. I will check them occasionally, about once a month, and recharge as necessary.

Reactions: former...:-)
When you say the new battery came "flat" do you mean that no led's lit when you pressed the button? LiPo batteries are normally shipped at a low voltage but not normally flat.

I run LiPo batteries in my model planes and I believe that to keep them on good shape:-
1) Do not over discharge them.
2) Do not store them at full charge for more than a couple of days.
3) For long term storage they should be at between 3.7 and 3.8v/cell.

I use the modified FF6 Android app so that I can see the battery voltage in flight. I normally try to land when there is no less than 7.0v in the battery as the voltage will recover when the motors are stopped. For storage I charge them until I have 2 solid led lights and the third just started flashing. I will check them occasionally, about once a month, and recharge as necessary.
Thank you that is most helpful. By flat it is as you say no LEDs light up.

When you say 2) "Do not store them at full charge for more than a couple of days". I'm not sure what you mean, as, from my experience, the Anafi batteries start to discharge if they are full or even half full. So they would never stay full.

I will check out the modified FF6 Android app.

Again thanks.

Extract from the Anafi instruction manual:-
Ideally, when not in use for a prolonged period, batteries should be stored half-charged. When not in
use for 10 days, ANAFI’s smart battery discharges itself, if required, to 65% charge, over a
48h period. In other words, after a maximum of 12 days without use, this smart battery
enters hibernation with a charge level which never exceeds 65%. If you leave your ANAFI
battery for 12 days, you will find out its power button does not activate the charge level LED
indicators.

Reactions: Pretty Parrot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar