Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Air Speed Display?

Gareth777

Reaction score
Ive had my Disco since 2019. Despite many apparent quirks and glitches, it is a truly amazing plane that just never gets old. It flies beautifully and constantly adjusts it's power exactly in tune with the wind, much because of it's responsive air speed sensor. Seems a shame that only the ground speed is displayed as part of the telemetry, or am I missing something? Can't find anything in the settings menu, but is there a way?

Any ideas appreciated
Gareth

Hi Gareth,

I don't think there is much more to display within the freeflight app. There are however a multitude of applications out there that will give you the readings from the drones log file / pud file, most popular is probably Flight Data Manager from Kenth Jensen. With the help of it, you can also create beatuful videos which will add a telemetry overlay to your drone's video, if that is what you are looking for.

Reactions: Gareth777
Thanks bcow, yes the cockpit display in the Freeflight app is pretty basic. Fair enough, it's more important to know the ground speed (like if it's enough to get home!) as first priority. Even so, knowing the airspeed and the wind direction relative to the craft would both be helpful additions.

I often see videos made by other Disco pilots that have a much more detailed console, which I think also includes airspeed. I assume the reading is live and streams direct from the chuck in some way, but cannot find any info in the Parrot tutorials. I'm guessing that I might have seen the display from an Ardupilot setup, which I think is the navigation format used by the Disco. I've never used any software or telemetry display other than those native to the apps for Parrot and DJI. I will say the Freeflight apps (Anafi also) are way better than DJI Fly even 7 years on, but I have no experience or the first clue about installing anything more complex than a light bulb.

Even so.. so long as instructs do not assume any prior knowledge, it's possible I could follow them..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320