Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Always Check Your Props Before Take Off!

If I had any concerns it would be the interface between blade and hub, and hub / hub screw itself.
If the blades are not perfectly balanced then the strain on the hub section is significantly increased through vibration, and this is particularly relevant for the Anafi since the hub is far away from the centre of rotation.

If it were for tamper proofing, you would have to have lent your Anafi to some teenager! :eek: It's probably very similar to Vibra-tite. I have not heard of anyone having the prop screw back out....(yet).

Using a very small amount (two threads worth) of this when replacing props is a good idea, but use medium strength (121) instead.

Last edited:
It's not securing plastic. Metal threads in motor to metal threads on bolt.:rolleyes:

That's why I suggested only a very small amount on just two threads. Now I think that should be two threads partway up the screw so that the screw gets started in the motor with much less chance of touching the plastic prop material.

The original is a pre-applied anaerobic drying cement type threadlocker. It is used by manufacturers as it can pre-applied long before the screws are used, so the assembler does not need to worry about applying it nor worry about contamination of other parts!

For us during prop replacement, any low to medium strength anaerobic threadlocker is perfectly fine!

I'm curious who has actually used 3rd Party Props on their Anafi and what their experience has been with them:

- Which brand have you used?
- Any difference in performance?
- Any difference in sound?
- Any issues in longevity?
- Any horror stories?

I bought a set of props from Banggood for ~5.00 (vs $20 for Parrot OEM props)...They look good but I'm debating whether I should try them.

I wonder if Parrot just outsources their prop mfg to some Chinese company for production.

I saw an earlier post on this thread that noted the Parrot Support suggested using 3rd party props from Anabee...maybe that's who Parrot outsources their props to?

Cheers,
Jet

I put on Anabee props back in Mach when one of my OEM props snapped off at the hub causing my Anafi to sit out in the winter till I found it. I find no difference other then one or two was a tad tight when I tightened the screw back down. Took some fine sand paper to it at the hub and they all spin just fine now. So far 6 months later the Anafi flies the same as it always did and sounds the same also. And yes I was the one who posted about Parrot support giving me a link to the Anabee props on Amazon because at the time we could not get OEM props here in Canada.
Only advantage I can see with OEM is you get a extra set of screws with them.

Reactions: Aiden88 and Jet
I put on Anabee props back in Mach when one of my OEM props snapped off at the hub causing my Anafi to sit out in the winter till I found it. I find no difference other then one or two was a tad tight when I tightened the screw back down. Took some fine sand paper to it at the hub and they all spin just fine now. So far 6 months later the Anafi flies the same as it always did and sounds the same also. And yes I was the one who posted about Parrot support giving me a link to the Anabee props on Amazon because at the time we could not get OEM props here in Canada.
Only advantage I can see with OEM is you get a extra set of screws with them.
@Augustine Thanks for sharing!

Clean the thin polycarbonates with distilled water and qtip or small microfiber cloth and distilled. Make sure to get the blade edges as well. Then check with magnifying glass for chips or cracks and at the hubs also.

Last edited:
A good question:
Should the props be exchanged regularly?
I think: yes!
But I don't know how many flight hours should be used as limit. Perhaps 100 flights is a good choice.
Of course I exchange damaged props at once.
Having had two Anafi lose a prop "leaf", I now check and tighten every screw before every flight. However what cannot easily be seen are hairline fractures or internal stress fatigue areas in the plastic hub/column/cylinder. In one of my two cases, the cylinder remained on the motor shaft. So there is probably a number of flight hours that indicates that it is time to swap all 8. Don't be cheap... And yes, don't think that a "small" crash or tip-over didn't damage a prop. Best to replace all 8.

BTW, if you suddenly think that you have totally lost control of your Anafi, just try to stay calm and work the controller sticks to at least nudge the Anafi down to over a field with (maybe) soft grass, or over shorter trees that might be climbed. Then push the lower center button (below the Home button) and the Anafi will plummet to the ground. You might get lucky and it will fly again. I was lucky with one landing in a tree. Not the other one which was a loss.

Maybe... the design of the Anafi case can cause stress on the rear props when the case is not carefully closed with the props in the best positions. Notice how the front props lie down. See how the rear props do not lie down. Now see the bump in the top cover of the case. If the rear props are touching over the center of the Anafi's body, that bump may cause some stress on the prop hubs. Just a possibility that someone may want to research.

Attachments

• IMG_8449[1].JPG
    IMG_8449[1].JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Good thoughts. The back props have enough room in the enclosure, granted they are lined up with the carvings in the case. The edge of case should make a buffer. I think sports mode and extreme changes in altitude puts too much stress bends on props as well on the hub. Go slow film mode like settings and reduce vertical speeds in settings helps save them as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
folgorem