Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi battery inflated

Moonfly

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have a battery that swelled up. Has anyone happened? The battery has 11 months and 30 recharges..:(

what warranty did you have with it from the place of purchase???

My advice would be to recycle that battery. From my experience it takes a lot to swell a Anafi battery so if its that noticeable time to get it out of your house and into a safe place for recycling.
Not sure on how Parrot handles battery warranty. Most Manufactures will give 3 months or so many charges but with Parrot I think you are out of luck.

Ok the recycling. I have read that Parrot for the 6 months warranty batteries. But they cost too much in my opinion. Even those of the Mavic 1 are at 60 euros..

If you are electrically inclined and very, very careful you may be able to cut open the battery case and get at the circuit board inside. After disposing of the battery a few of us would be very interested to see detailed photos of the PCB to be try to determine what the pin-outs are. We may then be able to see whether it us possible to adapt a "normal" LiPo battery to run on the Anafi. If I had a puffed battery that is what I would do but I consider myself competent and confident to do it and to be able to reverse engineer the board to some extent. If you are not then, as Agustine suggests, get rid of it safely.

Parrot warrities batteries for only six months.
Keep track of your battery usage by logs.

I strongly suggest NOT to take older batteries past 30%, I have lost two Anafi's at 28% and 26%. Parrott has replaced both Anafi's and both were my oldest batteries around six months with over 50 each flights. Neither Anafi's were recovered.

Reactions: Dean
ho messo una foto della batteria, ora è un po' deflate. Ho fatto un test a casa con Anafi che volava sul materasso ?. Nessun problema, stessa durata. Cosa faresti?

Attachments

• P_20190907_082335_1.jpg
    P_20190907_082335_1.jpg
    708.2 KB · Views: 26
It is difficult to see from the photo actually how inflated the battery is. Are you able to easily install it in the Anafi? LiPo batteries sometimes do swell when they get hot during use and then deflate when they get cold again. It does not mean that they are safe to use. As we cannot remove the actual LiPo battery from the case it is impossible to inspect it or do any meaningful discharge tests on it. It is your choice whether to use it or not. A hovering test inside does not really stress the battery as much as real flying outside.

Reactions: Moonfly
Just used! It seems to rise! Howhever i decided to stop using it and recycle it.

Attachments

• P_20190907_105226.jpg
    P_20190907_105226.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 22
Probably a wise decision.
It is a pity that you do not live nearer to me as I would like to take an Anafi battery apart.

[QUOTE = "Liger 1956, post: 24072, membro: 272"]
Probabilmente una decisione saggia.
È un peccato che tu non viva più vicino a me perché vorrei smontare una batteria Anafi.
[/ CITAZIONE]

se avessi vissuto più vicino, ti avrei dato la batteria. Sono curioso anche io, ma impractical to do alone !!

Thanks for the offer but I do not even think that it is even safe to send through the post in it's present state.
Perhaps I need to come on holiday to where you live :cool:

Just a thought. You might consider the battery as a "shop only battery" to be used only when you need to power up and not fly, such as firmware upgrades, camera checks and the like.
As per your flight experiment over the mattress, it seems it's stable enough to do just that.

Just a thought. You might consider the battery as a "shop only battery" to be used only when you need to power up and not fly, such as firmware upgrades, camera checks and the like.
As per your flight experiment over the mattress, it seems it's stable enough to do just that.

Depends on if he is willing to baby sit the battery till it is fully charged. Inflated batteries have been known to explode while being charged. Heck they have even been known to explode just sitting on the work bench.

Truly, i tell you, i tried a bizzarre recovery test. I put the battery in the freezer for 24 hours. It's deflated. Then once it is refilled it swells again. But even so i did a hovering flight for 12 minutes using 50% . I don't trust him anyway. If it is swollen something has altered.

Don't try to get the Lipo back to Life... It doesn't help...
If you want to sell the pack in total... pls send me a mail... There is only one chance : disassemble the pack, desolder the Lipo from the PCB and insert a new Lipo

Don't try to get the Lipo back to Life... It doesn't help...
If you want to sell the pack in total... pls send me a mail... There is only one chance : disassemble the pack, desolder the Lipo from the PCB and insert a new Lipo
Can you make a youtube video of that? This would be much appreciated by all.

Can you make a youtube video of that? This would be much appreciated by all.
If I would have the battery pack......

The difference of the battery pack from the Disco is, that the pack from the Disco includes only the charging and balancer Modul. This Modul can be removed if you charge the new Lipo with an external Charger with a Balancer.

The circuit from the Anafi contains add. to the charger/balancer part, the On/Off button, a discharge unit and at min. the wire connection from the mainboard to the USB port.....

From a battery pack of the Disco I have removed on 1 battery pack the PCB, because one charging circuit was broken. From the Anafi I haven't had a defect Lipo pack.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vonstar53