Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Battery Manufacturing Date

BRC

Reaction score
Hello
Does anybody know how I can find out the actual manufactured date for Anafi battery?
I don't see anything listed on battery case or box they come in
I have checked json log and flight metadata
I checked in FDR metadata
I checked in backbox telemetry files
I logged into Anafi webserver and checked info page - it has a battery date but believe it refers to when it's FW was updated as all my batteries have same date
Maybe I am just overlooking it - any ideas?
Thanks

If Parrot uses the same rules for battery serial number as it is used for drone serial then the dat is coded in the serial.
The last 6 digits are serial, then there should be character than indicates the month (A=Jan to L=12). The digit left of that character shows the year 9 --> 2019, 0-->2020 and so on.

Example: B9H335253 would be 08/2019

It's only an idea - check if this may be plausible for your smartbattery_serial.

br HE

If Parrot uses the same rules for battery serial number as it is used for drone serial then the dat is coded in the serial.
The last 6 digits are serial, then there should be character than indicates the month (A=Jan to L=12). The digit left of that character shows the year 9 --> 2019, 0-->2020 and so on.

Example: B9H335253 would be 08/2019

It's only an idea - check if this may be plausible for your smartbattery_serial.

br HE
Hi h-elsner
Thank you for your response and information
It sounds logical but is odd that all my drones and batteries show 2018 date code
Serial numbers of my batteries range from 006000 thru 205000 most produced in the month of August. I have purchased new each year since 2019 and a few this year
Guess they could have been sitting on shelf for a long time
I did send an email to parrot for clarification will see if they respond
Best regards

Hmmm...Following this scheme, my herd are: 2 from Nov. '18; 1 from Sept. '19. The latest batteries I bought appear to be the oldest (the '19 vintage came with the drone). If all this holds true it provides information on how to weed out aged stock when shopping for replacements. Cat's out of the bag ;)

Sorry - rather late to this thread!! Details of my 11 batteries below, in order or acquiring them. Not sure if anything much can be inferred from their serial numbers! (all bought in the UK)

B8Fxxxxxx 1 Supplied with original Anafi (Apr 2019)
B8Ixxxxxx 2 Supplied with Anafi extended (Apr 2019)
B8Ixxxxxx 3 Supplied with Anafi extended (Apr 2019)
B8Ixxxxxx 4 Supplied with Anafi extended (Apr 2019)
B8Hxxxxxx 5 Wex (UK) (Feb 2020)
B8Hxxxxxx 6 DronesDirect (UK) (Jul2020)
B8Hxxxxxx 7 DronesDirect (UK) (Jul2020)
C8Gxxxxxx 8 DronesDirect (UK) (Apr2021)
C8Gxxxxxx 9 DronesDirect (UK) (Apr2021)
C8Hxxxxxx 10 DronesDirect (UK) (Nov2021)
C8Hxxxxxx 11 DronesDirect (UK) (Nov2021)

Reactions: BRC
Thank you Joe,
I never heard back from Parrot on my question on how to determine the production date
If the 2nd digit of serial numbers does signify year - then it looks like both of us have stocks of batteries from 2018
Guess Parrot could have mass produced them then and nothing sense?

Reactions: Joe_Scot
Thank you Joe,
I never heard back from Parrot on my question on how to determine the production date
If the 2nd digit of serial numbers does signify year - then it looks like both of us have stocks of batteries from 2018
Guess Parrot could have mass produced them then and nothing sense?

I'm not entirely convinced that the 2nd digit signifies the year .... it doesn't seem to make sense that Parrot would predict in 2018 how many batteries they would need. DronesDirect in the UK have been selling them for the past 3 years but I note that now they are 'out of stock' just like at every other UK retailer :(

I've been able to keep my Anafis flying without issue for 3 years, partly by buying new batteries occasionally, but that methodology now looks in doubt. Grrrr.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut