Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi connection issues?

Camper66

Reaction score
I had a Bebop 2 about 2 years ago and had several issues with losing connection between the controller and the drone. I ended up returning it for this reason. I could only get it to go about 800 feet before losing connection.
I am considering the Anafi, but am worried about the connection issues. Can anyone confirm if the connection issues have improved with the Anafi?
Thanks.

There are so many reason why you might have connection issues it would be hard for anyone to give you a good answer. Where I live I can go well over a mile. Some in the Europe have trouble going 300 yards. Depends on a lot of things.

I thought that maybe after 2 years the software may have improved to produce a better connection. I was wondering if someone who had a Bebop could compare the 2.

I had a Bebop 2 about 2 years ago and had several issues with losing connection between the controller and the drone. I ended up returning it for this reason. I could only get it to go about 800 feet before losing connection.
I am considering the Anafi, but am worried about the connection issues. Can anyone confirm if the connection issues have improved with the Anafi?
Thanks.

In short, the range depends on the environment in which you are flying. Maybe you should describe that environment to get a useful answer ?

However, in 99% of the world's countries it is only allowed to fly below the VLOS and the transmitter's range is more than sufficient in that distance.

Link to explanation of VLOS: How do we see them: VLOS, EVLOS, BVLOS & FPV? - Australian Certified UAV Operators Inc.

Regards, Leif.

Reactions: dashSolo
I thought that maybe after 2 years the software may have improved to produce a better connection. I was wondering if someone who had a Bebop could compare the 2.
The impression of a generally (bad) connection, that would have to be improved, was mainly generated by some more or less negative posts here.
I was satisfied with Anafi's Wifi connection since July and it seems to become still a bit better since the last update.
"Satisfied" means for me, that I can always fly without loss of connection in VLOS.

Reactions: Landbo
I live in a suburban area nearby several schools and a few cell towers. I also had a Mavic Air that would never lose signal. It was a far cry from the Bebop 2. But I really like Parrot products and think their flight app is superior to DJI. That is why I would like to come back to a Parrot product.

Not sure if Parrot still offers the 14 day return policy if you do not like it but it might be something to look into if it does not work out for you.

I live in a suburban area nearby several schools and a few cell towers. I also had a Mavic Air that would never lose signal. It was a far cry from the Bebop 2. But I really like Parrot products and think their flight app is superior to DJI. That is why I would like to come back to a Parrot product.
I live in a similar area.
It is not possible to give a guarantee, that you will be lucky with Anafi where you want to fly.
But I found that there are some screws to deal with problems:
- change pilot's position
- use a Wifi analyzer app
- change Wifi channel
- change Wifi band

Thanks all for the help. I decided to go ahead and get it while it was still on sale for $550. Hard to beat getting it for $150 off of the regular price and I have a feeling the sale will end within the next couple of days.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Thanks all for the help. I decided to go ahead and get it while it was still on sale for $550. Hard to beat getting it for $150 off of the regular price and I have a feeling the sale will end within the next couple of days.
congrats on your purchase. I really like mine and its become my go to UAV from my other three simply because of how small and easy it is to get up in the sky and fly. Its not without problems but most are getting worked out with every update. Hope you have many happy flights.

Reactions: Skassa and Camper66

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut