Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi didn't stop the engines after landing.

abant

Reaction score
When landing Anafi stops at a height of about 30 cm. At this point, I pressed the "takeoff/landing" button but I did not release the left sticker. After landing, the drone not only did not turn off the engines, it dramatically increased the speed of the propellers, as if trying to fall even lower. By this time the left sticker was already released. The drone didn't respond to the takeoff/landing button or the sticker. I had to turn it off with a long press of the button on the battery, which is not safe when working propellers. I use "Freeflight 6 mod app".
Has anyone ever experienced such behavior?

When landing Anafi stops at a height of about 30 cm. At this point, I pressed the "takeoff/landing" button but I did not release the left sticker. After landing, the drone not only did not turn off the engines, it dramatically increased the speed of the propellers, as if trying to fall even lower. By this time the left sticker was already released. The drone didn't respond to the takeoff/landing button or the sticker. I had to turn it off with a long press of the button on the battery, which is not safe when working propellers. I use "Freeflight 6 mod app".
Was the drone level when it landed? If not, that is likely why it did this.

Landing properly can be tricky. I find if you land on the ground manually hover Anafi over the landing area and press Land, DO NOT touch any sticks. If Anafi sees any control inputs it continues to try and fly and will not power down.

"At this point, I pressed the "takeoff/landing" button but I did not release the left sticker."

Release both sticks, let Anafi loiter then press land, the props should stop almost instantaneous when it touches the ground.

In other words, the drone receives two mutually exclusive commands and tries to execute them both at the same time.
In this case, we are dealing with a program error, it is obvious. Such situations should be handled appropriately to avoid conflicts. Like any other bug, it should be fixed in future versions of the program. I'd like to hope so.

I've just been out flying a trip and have tried to land several times on "your way". I could in no way get my Anafi, with the latest firmware, to behave as you describe. But you actually write that the engines increased the rpm which means that Anafi would rise again. You are absolutely certain that you have not pressed the Start/Land button twice then Anafi would actually respond as you describe as the Start button actually overwrite stick down ?

Regards, Leif.

I have had some similar experiences, all of which happened when there was a gusty breeze. All but one time this happened when I tried a hand landing. The Anafi would settle onto my hand then rapidly increase prop RPM and start bouncing up off my hand. I now try to use the launch pad in wind above about 5-6 mph. Once the same thing happened on the launch pad and the Anafi bounced off it into the weeds before full down left stick shut it down. Now I watch the behavior of the drone carefully for a few seconds before deciding to attempt a hand landing. If it is fighting the wind a bit I just grab it and turn it on its side. I've had my fingertips nipped trying to go from a flat palm to a grab in a hurry! :oops:

The only time this happened to me was when I landed in abt 4cm grass, and the engines pulserevved until I did a planned crasch (Picked it up and turned it upside down)
Now using a landingpad all the time, in "nonurban areas".
Probably the downward camera couldn't tell if the Anafi had landed or not in grass.

I had this happen today: Took off from the patio, after flight was done hit RTH, the Anafi comes back a bit off from the take-off spot, descends toward the grass and keeps right on descending into it, bounces and climbs back up to three feet! :oops: I'd have to agree with Dart.

I had this happen today: Took off from the patio, after flight was done hit RTH, the Anafi comes back a bit off from the take-off spot, descends toward the grass and keeps right on descending into it, bounces and climbs back up to three feet! :oops: I'd have to agree with Dart.
I just got a refurbished one in mine didn’t kind of the same thing comes in for landing touches down then bounces back up then bounces back up then flips over

I just got a refurbished one in mine didn’t kind of the same thing comes in for landing touches down then bounces back up then bounces back up then flips over
So hand land and tilt it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood