Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi failed to respond

Iain Ritchie

Reaction score
Hi,

During a recent flight, the drone took off without any issue and responded as expected. as I flew out to where I wanted to be to take some photos the drone wouldn't respond to the control. I was able to rotate the drone, but the elevation and direction commands wouldn't work.

In the end, I saw the drone crash in to a cliff face and drop in to the water. So i'll assume its lost for good!

RTH Didn't seem to work, But the area I've been working in has suffered from poor GPS. Though I had a home position set.

Has anyone else experienced similar issues and what was the feedback from Parrot?

YES I dont use it RTH is dependent on good home point and GPS resolution. I use a tool like GPS Status before flying as my best practice to see that I have stable GPS. I also use Trackimo on my drones though have not used on anafi weight may screw something up. If I have a problem I go down and then hoof it. I am in an extremely hi RF area and only 300 yards from a 300 foot tall repeater mast for the northwest side of chicago suburbs. I even went to the extend of buy HackRf and running as a check in the channels m drones bind to . A lot of signals all over.

Possibley someone else can comment on open areas with low RF problems

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut