Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi feature review: Follow me - by Captain Drone

I bought this today and played with the follow me and it worked well. I was surprised. It's weird watching ur drone fly on its own.

Tried this today while skiing...the drone just stayed on its position, and never follow me, exept with its camera (right/left) and then lost subject when I was too far...

Perhaps you didn't get it far enough away from you. It should be about 15 meters away when you start the Follow Me.

Tried this today while skiing...the drone just stayed on its position, and never follow me, exept with its camera (right/left) and then lost subject when I was too far...

I get this happening to me a lot when playing around with follow-me. I really do not understand what causes it maybe being too close, or the phone/SC3 losing GPS signal.

Once it is like that you have to go back to manual flight, then back to follow-me, to unlock it and make it actually move.

Personally I do not trust follow me any more. I have had two fly aways in the last few months both documented on this forum. I have tested it several times and it does not hold onto me and loses me very easy. I think they have so many options in the APP that it has become a big mess and they have no idea on how to straighten it out. To many updates in my opinion.

Reactions: Thanev
Personally I do not trust follow me any more. I have had two fly aways in the last few months both documented on this forum. I have tested it several times and it does not hold onto me and loses me very easy. I think they have so many options in the APP that it has become a big mess and they have no idea on how to straighten it out. To many updates in my opinion.

I agree - Follow-me, just does not have the consistency to inspire confidence to use in anger!

And also a great argument to wait for input from others on the effect of firmware updates released but not tested by Parrot .I made the choice to turn off auto updates a looooong time ago. Their updates seem to rely heavily on beta testers in the form of the owner's group,not their employees.

It Doesnt matters anyway to me, it was just a quick trial of the parrot follow me mode, that I'd never used with my previous mavic pro...
I prefer to pilot my drone manually... a lot safer for the drone !!
Maybe the only drone capable to achieve a great follow me mode could be the skydio2 drone... made only to do that!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut