Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi fell from sky??

But jamming a bird to ground is a landing, not a falling. Because the drone get jammed from every radio signal and also from gps receiving. So there is just one option for it, land and during that time, get blown with the wind.
Falling out of the sky 's not jammed, I'd say

Another reason to dismiss interferences or jamming in that case is that Top Drone doesn't mention any warning... are all warnings logged in the flight file anyway ?

I don't know how jamming works, I suppose there are several techniques. If manufacturers are legally binded to give away encryption keys, authorities could theoretically do whatever they consider the safest way to destroy a danger... crash it asap, or move it away from the no fly zone ?

Also anyone can buy wifi and cellphone jammers on the web...

When the airport jammed my Anafi, Flight Plan was running, so nothing happened except warnings, but yesterday I had strong interferences and signal loss again, at lower altitude this time. Then my first RTH was aborted before it was back, and I saw my Anafi flying toward the ground, for no reason ! The map was still visible on the screen and commands fine again, but camera feed never came back. I had to switch the battery off and on to see the video feed.

Anafi, controller, app, all latest updates...

Another reason to dismiss interferences or jamming in that case is that Top Drone doesn't mention any warning... are all warnings logged in the flight file anyway ?

I don't know how jamming works, I suppose there are several techniques. If manufacturers are legally binded to give away encryption keys, authorities could theoretically do whatever they consider the safest way to destroy a danger... crash it asap, or move it away from the no fly zone ?

Also anyone can buy wifi and cellphone jammers on the web...

When the airport jammed my Anafi, Flight Plan was running, so nothing happened except warnings, but yesterday I had strong interferences and signal loss again, at lower altitude this time. Then my first RTH was aborted before it was back, and I saw my Anafi flying toward the ground, for no reason ! The map was still visible on the screen and commands fine again, but camera feed never came back. I had to switch the battery off and on to see the video feed.

Anafi, controller, app, all latest updates...

If nothing happened, the 1. time, no one was jamming YOUR bird.
Then it was just a strong interference on the wifi Channel, but not an overload of all kind of radio signals, to keep your drone even from reading GPS signals.
Because no RC conntact gets a RTH or a still running mission.
Only with also blocking the GPS, the drone HAS to land immediately!

That is, what jammer against drone, are doing.
Right now, there is (afaik) no auto tech available, to protect a airport without that mankind is aiming at the drone in question

Nothing is won, if pilots can set up a mission, loose radio signal, but the drones are still crossing the runway!

That aiming may have happened on the second time.
But why no one showed up, to collect the bird, then, ....
Because the reach of this systems is usually limited to about our "vlos" (imho)

If nothing happened, the 1. time, no one was jamming YOUR bird.
Then it was just a strong interference on the wifi Channel, but not an overload of all kind of radio signals, to keep your drone even from reading GPS signals.
Because no RC conntact gets a RTH or a still running mission.
Only with also blocking the GPS, the drone HAS to land immediately!

That is, what jammer against drone, are doing.
Right now, there is (afaik) no auto tech available, to protect a airport without that mankind is aiming at the drone in question

Nothing is won, if pilots can set up a mission, loose radio signal, but the drones are still crossing the runway!

That aiming may have happened on the second time.
But why no one showed up, to collect the bird, then, ....
Because the reach of this systems is usually limited to about our "vlos" (imho)

I was jammed 2 times, but the drone didn't went down, as FF was on ! It happened exactly as soon as I reached 150 meters, and I was flying kilometer away from the first house ! There is no discussion, this came from the airport, or their emitters elsewhere in the zone !

Civilian airports can not just block GPS signal, that would be a lethal danger for real planes ! they clearly target drone frequencies, and were a bit zealous in this case, probably learning their techniques to be ready for July, with much stricter laws, here, giving a taste to all drone users in the area.

I gave a 3rd example, when RTH was aborted half way, the drone then flew downward by itself, and video feed didn't came back to life after the connexion was restored, I was on manual flight, 30 meters high only. Different case. This is the situation which is similar to what happened to Top Drone, and I have no explanation. My versions of app/controller/Anafi updates are the latest, so not the same as Top Drone's. Of course there was a house 200 meters away this time, so with some paranoïa I could imagine they had a wifi jammer...

Jammers...where do you live, I'm in Ireland and not aware of this happening yet...

Fixed the vertical camera error by stripping it down removing the mother board and unplugging the vertical camera connector.

Two pieces of plastic fell out that should locate the plug onto the motherboard, glued one piece back and glued the connector onto the motherboard and now working?

Still concerned why the Anafi fell from the sky...will test it when weather picks up...

Reactions: brooze
I was jammed 2 times, but the drone didn't went down, as FF was on ! It happened exactly as soon as I reached 150 meters, and I was flying kilometer away from the first house ! There is no discussion, this came from the airport, or their emitters elsewhere in the zone !

Civilian airports can not just block GPS signal, that would be a lethal danger for real planes ! they clearly target drone frequencies, and were a bit zealous in this case, probably learning their techniques to be ready for July, with much stricter laws, here, giving a taste to all drone users in the area.

I gave a 3rd example, when RTH was aborted half way, the drone then flew downward by itself, and video feed didn't came back to life after the connexion was restored, I was on manual flight, 30 meters high only. Different case. This is the situation which is similar to what happened to Top Drone, and I have no explanation. My versions of app/controller/Anafi updates are the latest, so not the same as Top Drone's. Of course there was a house 200 meters away this time, so with some paranoïa I could imagine they had a wifi jammer...

You may be right with they jamming wifi in heigher altitude, near the Airfield
But that is just effective for RC controlled flights, b/c it is not against a specific bird and neither stopping one from RTH nor from completing a mission.
For that to achieve, they NEED to block the GPS at the same time.
No radio signals from the remote, PLUS no GPS Signals gets drones down.
And, you mentioned it right, they can't "just block the GPS" in the 5k (?) around an airfield, like they perhaps can interfere with wifi in a certain height.
So it would need a "Drone-Gun" and someone who is really focusing and aiming on the drone in question.

My bet is they will get tech like "AirGuard " (Case Study: Las Vegas - Drone detection in action), so they can see all drones as soon as they are in reach and in the air. Plus they have a direction to look, for the "guy with the Gun" (DroneGun Tactical | DroneShield)

Just blocking wifi will no one, who wants to do so, really stop from flying around an airport!

Reactions: Top Drone

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critinator