Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi fell out of the sky @100m!

ROBANAFI

Reaction score
Just got back from a morning flight and was performing a 360 panorama 100m up and the screen went blank. Looked up to where the Anafi was flying and it was nowhere to be seen, so i stayed calm and waited for reconnection but nothing happened! So i hit RTH on the controller and waited again but it was nowhere to been seen. At that point i realised its definitely crashed, fearing the worst i looked at the drones last position and went looking for it. LUCKILY it wasnt in a tree, it crashed onto soft wet grass and nothing was completely broken(really impressed with the accuracy on the drones last position btw)

So now i have a camera gimbal out of alignment:

20181226_104024.jpg

and a cracked foot:

20181226_104053.jpg

I'll get onto Parrot support today, drones shouldnt just fall out of the sky! On the plus side i got it back and it still powers up, not tested flying it as it needs a clean and a bit of drying from the grass and mud.

I'll keep you updated :)

Sorry to hear about the crash. The gimbal out of alignment is a hard one to fix although someone on facebook took his apart and fixed it. The cracked foot is pretty easy with some good epoxy glue and adding those feet protectors from DirtyJ website.
Best to get a replacement from parrot and hopefully it will not take long.

Reactions: ROBANAFI
Sorry to hear about the crash. The gimbal out of alignment is a hard one to fix although someone on facebook took his apart and fixed it. The cracked foot is pretty easy with some good epoxy glue and adding those feet protectors from DirtyJ website.
Best to get a replacement from parrot and hopefully it will not take long.

Thanks. i'm happy its not a "write off" and i'm incredibly lucky but at the moment its grounded until i get an answer from Parrot :)

Sorry to bump this back up but its a happy ending!

12 emails to Parrot, 3 phone calls to Parrot, Online chat with Amazon and my replacement Anafi is being delivered tomorrow :) I did worry a bit when Parrot seemed to be dragging it out asking if i was flying the drone indoors! I would have thought they had all the flight information from the serial number/app. the only thing i can think of was that they detected the drone indoors after the crash when i transferred photos from the drone to the app to process a pano. The only thing i found annoying with the Customer Service was they get you to fill in a huge form and supply numerous photos, videos, proof of purchase etc and the first email i had back was can you please send proof of purchase :confused: i told them i'd already sent this but sent it again, but then the second email 2 days later was can you send photos of the damaged drone! I'd already sent them photos of the damage and told them to check out my previous emails. Then i didnt get a reply for 5 days despite numerous emails(thats why i rang them). They are probably mega busy around this time of year and not normally like this but it still felt a bit dragged out with the lack of replys.

Once i got the go ahead for the replacement Amazon were surprisingly easy to deal with. I clicked on my Anafi order on the Amazon website, then "Technical support" and spoke to someone online for 10min(at 6:30pm). The replacement will be sent tomorrow and they'll collect the faulty one.

Back in the air soon :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dirk_ANAFI

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viking