Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi is the queen bee ?

Perhaps Anafi should be called the "Killer Bee", no?

Apparently a honeybee compound eye has 6,900 lenses! So they have a good chance of seeing the warning...

Hello. I believe frequency of anafi turning blades seems to attract them. I saw many videos of people reporting bee strikes while flying over ground. Strange

Reactions: vekthor
Around my area Hummingbirds are also attracted, so far no strikes, it would break my heart to hit one. Fortunately they are very agile.

Yes!!! I was out flying this weekend and my Anafi was attacked by a swarm of bees. Once I got down, the Anafi was covered in bee guts as they got split in half by the props.

Attachments

• Bee 20.jpg
    Bee 20.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 97
  • Bee 22.jpg
    Bee 22.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 93
Reactions: kabonski
I now hold the dubious honour of joining the club of 'Bee evisceraters'.

I could see them swarming the Anafi, so I brought it down and approached with caution - I was convinced they were going to attack me when I collected the Anafi, caked with their guts. Don't Bees have some kind of pheromone they release when they are harmed to warn/agitate nearby bees?

Got a heck of a clean-up job ahead of me now...

.... Don't Bees have some kind of pheromone they release when they are harmed to warn/agitate nearby bees?
Got a heck of a clean-up job ahead of me now...
ICK! Yes, bees do that and the pheromone is a lot stronger when they are being sliced and diced! :eek:

Yep, my understanding is that they are attracted to the sound. It's a nightmare, there were bee abdomens stuffed in all the nooks and crannies. I doubt there's much that can be done about it either. Flying out in the country just got more interesting...

Apparently, the pheromone they release is primarily when they sting, as it marks the threat/target for the other drones to join the attack - though I expect they also release them when they perceive a threat or attack.

Fortunately for me, none of the surrounding bees seemed affected by all the bloodshed caused by my Anafi, and they ignored me as I collected it.

Last edited:
I think they dont think its the Quenn, but rather an invader bee warrior.

It happened to me a couple of times, and i hurry taking the dorne down to harm the less i could.

The wind of the blades keeps them under the drone, but many dont survive :(

As soon as i land they go away.

Reactions: Thanev
I think they dont think its the Quenn, but rather an invader bee warrior.
If you are flying close to a bee hive, then this is quite probable. If the encounter is out in the open then it is more likely to be a bee swarm. From the video I have captured it looked like the bees were following the Anafi but not attacking.

Mine is attracting some large Birds of Prey... Just yesterday I had to use sport mode to get away from one... by an inch ;)(y)

Hello. I believe frequency of anafi turning blades seems to attract them. I saw many videos of people reporting bee strikes while flying over ground. Strange

Encountered what I thought was an error with my camera sensor,as anomalies were appearing quite frequently on a flight at about 200'AGL.Turned out to be a large number of bees tracking the Anafi and throwing themselves(?) at it whenever I went into a hover.The legs were covered in bug guts and chunks,as well as some parts of the main body and one side of the camera body.Took a while with warm wet rags to clean up the mess.Really threw me when I realized the bees seemed to be following the Anafi...it MUST have something to do with the frequency created by the motors/blades.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut