Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi lost - any tools to retrieve it?

yves

Reaction score
Good day folks,

I received my new Anafi today. I just unpack it, walked through the 1st setup and first try to make sure that everything is working as expected, trying up and down, left, right , forward, camera, photos etc.. Wow, 1st feeling it looks amazing, but I still need to run further real outdoor tests.
Now, as you can guess, I'm very new with Parrot drone. Nonetheless, when I unpacked the Anafi, I noticed the protective rubber cover for the camera, which I carefully removed it from the camera before testing. After the setup and tests, I decided to stop the drone and to put back the rubber cover for the camera back in place, with a lot of delicacy, and above all with a lot of apprehension as the camera seems so fragile. Everything is back, no problemo. However, I'm very afraid that if any time I want to use the Anafi, I have to remove and bring back the rubber cover. Isn't a risk that the camera breaks after a while?

Gentlemen, I was just wondering if you have any recommendations based on your experiences ?

Thank you in advance

Hello and welcome to the forum. Yes the camera can seem very fragile but not so much that removing and installing the camera len cap will damage it. You just need to be careful as you did the first time. What I do is have the Anafi on a flat surface, hold the camera body with one hand and install the cap with the other hand. You really don't need to force it on. Just snug it up is good enough.

Thank you for the prompt reply
Best regards, yves

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

I always try to remove and replace the cover when the drone is off. That way you are not fighting against the gimbal motors. However, in the rare case when I use a polarizer or neutral density filter, I have to put it on after the drone has gone through its initialization sequence and I try to immobilize the camera as much as possible with my left hand as Agustine indicated. I have done hundreds of one or the other of these in the seven months I have had the Anafi and have had zero problems with the gimbal system.

Personally I don't use the lens cover. The front legs provide enough protection when folded in.

I use a diff cover.... easier to remove or fit

Attachments

• cam.gif
    cam.gif
    143.3 KB · Views: 14
Hum I like it
Thank you for sharing

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Good day folks,

I received my new Anafi today. I just unpack it, walked through the 1st setup and first try to make sure that everything is working as expected, trying up and down, left, right , forward, camera, photos etc.. Wow, 1st feeling it looks amazing, but I still need to run further real outdoor tests.
Now, as you can guess, I'm very new with Parrot drone. Nonetheless, when I unpacked the Anafi, I noticed the protective rubber cover for the camera, which I carefully removed it from the camera before testing. After the setup and tests, I decided to stop the drone and to put back the rubber cover for the camera back in place, with a lot of delicacy, and above all with a lot of apprehension as the camera seems so fragile. Everything is back, no problemo. However, I'm very afraid that if any time I want to use the Anafi, I have to remove and bring back the rubber cover. Isn't a risk that the camera breaks after a while?

Gentlemen, I was just wondering if you have any recommendations based on your experiences ?

Thank you in advance
You don't have to worry so much, it's fragile. Just make sure that the entire gimbal assembly hangs on rubber brackets and do not break them.
Even when the camera is on, you can move the camera because there is no mechanical connection that can break it. The camera's electromagnetic movement is very similar to that of the drone's 4pcs rotor drive motor. When you move the camera on, you feel the resistance created by the electromagnet because you want to return it to its original position.
In summary: Take care of the rubber feet, but you don't have to worry.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stefante