Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Motherboard

highway61ie

Reaction score
Hi Folks,
Bought a fixer upper "cheap" but unfortunatley it wont boot .Just get a spinngin fan with no lights and not recognised ,no gimble action either .
I stripped it down and poped the main board under my scope and look like a couple of SMT caps and an smt transister looking thing missing as well . Corresponds to where the frame is a bit cracked from an impact .
Does anyone have a motherboard to sell ..working or not I dont mind , I can try make one from two .
Just new on the board ...first Anafi and hopefully first of many problems although I was kinda looking forward to flying a proper drone for a change :-(
Keep me in mind if you come across anything .
Brendan

Hi Folks,
Bought a fixer upper "cheap" but unfortunatley it wont boot .Just get a spinngin fan with no lights and not recognised ,no gimble action either .
I stripped it down and poped the main board under my scope and look like a couple of SMT caps and an smt transister looking thing missing as well . Corresponds to where the frame is a bit cracked from an impact .
Does anyone have a motherboard to sell ..working or not I dont mind , I can try make one from two .
Just new on the board ...first Anafi and hopefully first of many problems although I was kinda looking forward to flying a proper drone for a change :-(
Keep me in mind if you come across anything .
Brendan
It wont work, camera is paired to original motherboard.
Tried this myself no Gimbal movement.
You would need to drop out the chips that contain the ID of the original board to the donor board

Hi Bobbillbar ..I think you might be right on this . Swapped out the motherboard and everything works inc camera picture and zoom ....except not a slightest twitch from the gimbal .Is there any valid explanation as to why it should be setup this way by Parrot ..seems weird .I'm not going to dis Parrot for this strange design behavior as it's possible there is a perfectly rational explanation as to why one has to replace two expensive parts instead of just the faulty one :-( Do you know is there any documentation on what chips need to be swapped across ?
Thanks for your input ..every little helps :)
Brendan

It is common. Yuneec and Autel do the same thing. I had a Yuneec drone and damaged the camera. Was able to source out a new board but ran into the same problem. It needed to be married to the main board which it was not.

Hi Bobbillbar ..I think you might be right on this . Swapped out the motherboard and everything works inc camera picture and zoom ....except not a slightest twitch from the gimbal .Is there any valid explanation as to why it should be setup this way by Parrot ..seems weird .I'm not going to dis Parrot for this strange design behavior as it's possible there is a perfectly rational explanation as to why one has to replace two expensive parts instead of just the faulty one :-( Do you know is there any documentation on what chips need to be swapped across ?
Thanks for your input ..every little helps :)
Brendan
Not sure, will be going later on today to a guy that does micro soldering, and get a idea from him.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
John K