Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi motor caps by (Sunnylife): Increasing the Anafi Motor temps?

akdroner

Reaction score
Quick summary of my first thoughts of the Sunnylife motor caps.

Can be purchased here:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GJ6SR88/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Pros:
Looks/appearance (to some)
Protection from direct dirt, bugs and water (decent)
Cost/cheap protection

Cons:
Not all that consistent if you have ever done C&C machining.
Slight play when installed on motor frame
Decreased airflow to cool motors

Check it out and will report back more when I get to go outside and run a few batteries through the Anafi.

Take care,

Attachments

• Closeup of Sunnlife Motor Cover.PNG
    Closeup of Sunnlife Motor Cover.PNG
    200.8 KB · Views: 5
Hey there,

seen a good review on YouTube (in French) of these covers/caps. (By a chap named "cjdaany" or something).
They caused the motors to stall out at first. The guy then had to intentionally loosen the blade screws in order for the rotors to turn.

Not sure I like the idea of flying with the blades held on with less thread than normal, especially in sport-mode or windy conditions.

Kind regards

Captain Birdseye

Reactions: akdroner
Here's a link to that video :

Great video and thanks for sharing. Totally don't speak French, but I got the jest of what was going on and very informative on causing the motor stall at startup. This is why I was overall not impressed with the machining of the parts since there were ways in which to have created some better airflow, still protect the top and in regards to mounting make a cap that simply fits better.

Overall.......I got what I paid for imo...........a good cap, but not great and as in the video, not really sold one needs them for really any other reason than to make the drone somewhat customized to ones taste and appearance ;)

Respectfully

AKDRONER

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut