Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi MP4 files

Anafiograper

Reaction score
This is my first drone which I have had for 4 weeks, my problem is as follows. I asked Parrot what version Android was needed to support Freeflight 6, the answer came back as Android 6 onwards. I went and brought a new 8" tablet running Android 7, it would not render the 360 panos or play the video files, I found a group on Facebook and discovered I was not the only person having the problem, so undeterred I returned that tablet and got a Lenovo P 10 running Android 8.1. Same thing happened, in Freeflight 6 all I get is a black screen with a white play arrow in the middle and nothing happens. I tried other video players VLC and a couple of others all with no success, then last night I was told to try an app called Xplayer, I can now play the videos but not in Freeflight 6. All the latest updates are done and it is starting to frustrate me that Freeflight 6 is having a problem. I should add that on my Sony Xperia XZ1 running Android 9 I have no problems whatsoever, but I want to use a larger screen as I will be mainly only dealing with single shots.

Any suggestions welcome.

Most important for using the FF6 functions is not the Android version, but the hardware power of your smartphone/tablet:
  • processor: kernels, frequency
  • RAM: size, speed
Your Xperia has the necessary power to use also the functions like full size pano creating ...

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
First question for you, are you trying to create the pano's or play the videos before or after transferring them from the SD card to your tablets?

Have you tried taking the micro SD card from the Anafi then putting it into your tablet to play the video's directly, so as to see if it's a video playback issue? I suspect it's possibly a problem with the whole process of getting the videos off of the SD card & on to your tablets.

I am using an iOS based tablet, but have given up on trying to view videos out in the field, unless they are tiny short clips as they take so long to transfer from the SD card to the tablet. Even when they do finally transfer, I suspect the image is compressed or shrunk & is not at full size.

The specs of the tablet is
Lenovo Tablet TB-X705F
CPS Qualcomm Snapdragon 450
Octa Core 1.8GHz ARM Cortex A53
3gb Ram LPDDR3
32gb Storage expandable by 256gb
Screen 1980 x 1200

I would have hoped that would have been enough.

First question for you, are you trying to create the pano's or play the videos before or after transferring them from the SD card to your tablets?

Have you tried taking the micro SD card from the Anafi then putting it into your tablet to play the video's directly, so as to see if it's a video playback issue? I suspect it's possibly a problem with the whole process of getting the videos off of the SD card & on to your tablets.

I am using an iOS based tablet, but have given up on trying to view videos out in the field, unless they are tiny short clips as they take so long to transfer from the SD card to the tablet. Even when they do finally transfer, I suspect the image is compressed or shrunk & is not at full size.
Always transferred to tablet, I will try switching the SD cards and try like that.

The specs of the tablet is
Lenovo Tablet TB-X705F
CPS Qualcomm Snapdragon 450
Octa Core 1.8GHz ARM Cortex A53
3gb Ram LPDDR3
32gb Storage expandable by 256gb
Screen 1980 x 1200

I would have hoped that would have been enough.
My flight smartphone is the Galaxy Note 4 (2.7 GHz Quad-Core, 3 GB RAM). It is not able to create the full size panos, but functions well for all other FF6 functions.

Just in from a windy garden, in the app I can make Little Planets, Tunnels and 360 sphere Panis, so the only thing not working is the video in the app. Works in an external app so I am now guessing that FF6 has some codecs missing. I have also noticed in Google Play it says the app is not optimised for my device.

They have been downloaded, when I try and play them in FF6 all I get is a black screen with a play arrow on it. Then nothing happens, it just stays like this.1474

It will play fine in a app called Xplayer.

They have been downloaded, when I try and play them in FF6 all I get is a black screen with a play arrow on it. Then nothing happens, it just stays like this.View attachment 1474

It will play fine in a app called Xplayer.

I have a 10.1" Lenovo TAB 4 (2017) that plays 4k videos well and runs Android 7.1.1.

My immediate guess is also that some codex is missing on the tablet. Can you play a 1080p video on the machine ?

Regards, Leif.

Is there a generic codec missing from your tablet, making it that you have to play these kinds of video's in that one app, rather than being able to play them in all capable apps? Android is a bizarre beast with so many variables possible, it must be a logistical nightmare for anyone creating app's for that OS.

I have a 10.1" Lenovo TAB 4 (2017) that plays 4k videos well and runs Android 7.1.1.

My immediate guess is also that some codex is missing on the tablet. Can you play a 1080p video on the machine ?

Regards, Leif.
Many thanks Leif, you gave me an Eureka moment. Record the video in 1080p or 2.7k and it all works, I only have a problem with 4K now but I can play those in Xplayer, not sure how often I would use 4k.

Reactions: Landbo
D
Is there a generic codec missing from your tablet, making it that you have to play these kinds of video's in that one app, rather than being able to play them in all capable apps? Android is a bizarre beast with so many variables possible, it must be a logistical nightmare for anyone creating app's for that OS.
Does seem strange I agree, but now I have got 1080p and 2.7k working it is only 4k which needs resolving.

D

Does seem strange I agree, but now I have got 1080p and 2.7k working it is only 4k which needs resolving.
Cool, you're getting there! I wonder if it's a down-sampling issue then? The screen isn't 4K capable, so it all has to be down-sampled on the fly & the processing isn't enough to be able to achieve that? :unsure:

Personally, I'd still record in 4K, so that in the future you have the best quality video to view.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame