Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Repairer?

Krusty Geeza

Reaction score
Website
alexmausolf.com
Hey folks,

I hope you have all been keeping safe and well. I haven't been here to the forum for well over a year now as my bird just worked!

My girl Ms. Anafi the 2nd fell from the sky a few weeks back and broke a leg. My fault for not updating the battery firmware! She fell from about 20 metres up landing hard on thick grass and one of the legs is broken just beyond the joint part on the rear left leg, that is the only part damaged from precursory inspections, but as I had some spare money at the time I ended up getting a Mavic Air II (sorry to swear in front of you all) to continue my documenting of a construction site and am considering getting myself an Autel EVO II Pro in the near future for the 1" sensor.

I am wondering if anyone is possibly able to recommend anyone that can repair said bird? Or where to buy spare parts these days? I just fired her up again and everything else is working! Gimbal, camera, motors all work!

Thanks in advance for any assistance offered, I don't mind if I have to send her overseas for repairs even, I like the image quality from her and actually prefer her imagery to the Mavic Air 2.

Kindest regards,
Alex/Krusty

IMG_0894.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

IMG_0893.jpg

Hi Alex

Sorry to hear about the drop and broken leg. They are actually pretty easy to change by following Parrots repair video and they also have a PDF with some pretty good pictures. Depending if this guy has the leg in stock it would be a pretty cheap fix, He does have the whole kit in stock with all 4 legs which would set you back some money.
Nice to hear from you and stay safe.

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
From what people have posted if you do run into trouble it will be getting the leg pin out. I would make sure you understand how it comes out and goes back in. I have never had to change anything so I am not much help but don't hesitate to ask others for help.
Good luck.

Reactions: Krusty Geeza
Thanks @Agustine ! I just watched a video on the leg replacement and it doesn't seem all that complicated at all. I'll buy a leg and have a good go at it myself, I reckon I can get this old girl up in the air again.

I hope you enjoyed your warmth over Summer, our turn now! ;)
You can also patch the broken leg to the
Hey folks,

I hope you have all been keeping safe and well. I haven't been here to the forum for well over a year now as my bird just worked!

My girl Ms. Anafi the 2nd fell from the sky a few weeks back and broke a leg. My fault for not updating the battery firmware! She fell from about 20 metres up landing hard on thick grass and one of the legs is broken just beyond the joint part on the rear left leg, that is the only part damaged from precursory inspections, but as I had some spare money at the time I ended up getting a Mavic Air II (sorry to swear in front of you all) to continue my documenting of a construction site and am considering getting myself an Autel EVO II Pro in the near future for the 1" sensor.

I am wondering if anyone is possibly able to recommend anyone that can repair said bird? Or where to buy spare parts these days? I just fired her up again and everything else is working! Gimbal, camera, motors all work!

Thanks in advance for any assistance offered, I don't mind if I have to send her overseas for repairs even, I like the image quality from her and actually prefer her imagery to the Mavic Air 2.

Kindest regards,
Alex/Krusty

View attachment 4865

View attachment 4866

View attachment 4867
Aloha, sorry your bird broke. You could patch the leg to the hinge stump with meltable plastic that you mold while warm afound both pieces after using tape for a temporary bond. The plastic hardens and will repair the break. Then superglue the plastic edges for extra insurance. You’ll be back in the air in Ten minutes! Home

FYI> I’ve had the Parrot 5 days. While visiting and filming friends, the battery ran down and with no warning, suddenly the RTH symbol appeared and the drone zipped up at rapid speed; hitting the overhang ceiling! It crashed to the ground and sent an error message that the vertical camera movement died. Turns out because the camera was injured and the vertical control has been lost - it stopped the Drone from flying. That made me angry.

I was disturbed both at the suddenness of the drones behavior ...with no warning and the fact it appeared not damage was done after a 10 for drop to cement hitting on the battery’s butt edge and landing on its back. I thought that it should still fly even if one part of the camera gimbal was injured, but not the camera itself

'- I thought that it should still fly even if one part of the camera gimbal was injured, but not the camera itself-
The vertical cam has nothing to do with the gimbal!
It is the cam that is "looking" to the ground!

Reactions: ANAFI 1959
If you end up purchasing the mechanical kit, let me know if you will sell the front left leg as my leg is cosmetically scratched there :-(
But it the glue works then that is better and cheaper of course

Hi Alex,
I so sorry you having issues with little bird
This was my experience I hope you can fix it
here we go

Short resume of the crash and fixed arm

In April this year I tried an new fly, it was a perfect day to make another mission with Pix4dCapture, I wanted to try a polygon mission that never did it before.

The field and surrounding were in perfect condition like a sunny day with soft wind, everything was fine, full batteries and RC as well plenty of GPS signal so I run a short flight with Parrot Anafi app for recognition and setting up photos mode of the field then landed to switch to CTRL_Parrot then launch the Pix4dCapture ,the mission and everything was fine in the check list ,the drone took off and when to the start point, since there at the start point I saw an strange movement not corresponding to the mission in a few minutes later started to gets worse so I canceled and pressed to RTH but nothing happens did not responding to the command, it looked like was hovering in ATTI mode not GPS working, I tried to keep in control but was no way to make a normal landing as a result a crash in the field with a broken arm and some damaged propellers.

After almost two months with an annoying support from Parrot avoiding in all the case to takes responsibility of malfunction and I was completely abandoned, I purchased the kit repair from them I could not wait for more nonsense

As always Parrot is very unprofessional giving support they don't care, I checked the repair tutorial made from amateur with many lack of information to how to remove parts and fix anafi

I have deep skill in fixing tech and for me this tutorial is bad as Parrot self, you don't need to do all shown in the tutorial also in the PDF but be careful when remove the plastic holder from the motherboard by pulling on the plastic stamp, then slide the holder. Here you need to slide from left side first as you see in the picture page 5 in the PDF and also later putting it back with the gimbal connector, actually that part of the motherboard is bad designed the holder is insecure nothing else better to keep it tied

Another critical part was removing the hinge and putting it back, my experience was removing quite hard force needed to push it.

When I replaced with the new hinge it did not fixed correctly with the black plastic holder, what happened was the holes where the screws goes didn't match with the new arm due the balance of the hinge

In page 10 you can see the motor connections,unplug only the broken arm and the other cable is just the antenna nothing else need to be removed

By the way I filmed the whole replacement after fixed everything is running without major issues but I am taking legally action against Parrot

Let me know if you have trouble to fix it

Best regards

Here is the PDF in case you need it also.
There is one problem in this document (and videos): 2 screws are not mentioned to remove GPS cover, and the furnished torx key si too big for them.
Here is missing picture from page 8:

Attachments

• IMG_9497.JPG
    IMG_9497.JPG
    377.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Wow
Reactions: edwardfcy1970
There is one problem in this document (and videos): 2 screws are not mentioned to remove GPS cover, and the furnished torx key si too big for them.
Here is missing picture from page 8:
Did you find out what size trox key is needed for those two screws?

I have had to repair several anafi's and found the simplist method( if the camera still works) is disasemble into the following
subsystems - motor arms, body with out battery and camera . I sell these on eBay for 350-400 in parts and just buy a new
one. The net cost is 75-150 and you end up with an extra battery and RC and lot less agravation.

I have done this 3 times with great success. It's a simple way out.

Hi Krusty and other folks,

I am reviewing the video and the PDF. I need to replace the two rear arms and bought the kit already. Is it necessary to disassemble the whole body as well? Can I just disassemble to the point where it is safe to just replace the arms?

Hi Krusty and other folks,

I am reviewing the video and the PDF. I need to replace the two rear arms and bought the kit already. Is it necessary to disassemble the whole body as well? Can I just disassemble to the point where it is safe to just replace the arms?
I repair them regularly... Just pull the pins for the legs and disconnect the old legs from the board and remove. Then carefully thread the new legs in and use a pair of tweezers to pull the wires from the new legs through, put the pins back in and reconnect to the board. With care this works every time.

Reactions: DroningSermon
anafi leg motor pins.jpeg
Thanks, SaladShooter. Are these the pins you are referring to? (Pic taken from the Anafi Repair PDF).

View attachment 5691
Thanks, SaladShooter. Are these the pins you are referring to? (Pic taken from the Anafi Repair PDF).
Those are the connecters..... the pins are what hold the legs in place.... you will need to access them through the gps liid on top of the drone and the bottom cover. Drive them out once the screws are removed. Do you have there repair manual?.... I have attached it here.

Attachments

• how_to_repair_anafi.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
Argh! I got as far as the hinge for the arms. All was proceeding fine until that point.

When I started to remove the hinge screw, the head stripped immediately. Perhaps it has been glued and is also a soft metal?

Stripped Screw.jpg

Now I am stuck here trying to remove this stripped screw. I have tried foil, rubber band... only superglue is left.

Any ideas? Looking at the other screws, the hinge screw is likely 1.64 mm in diameter and the head is 3.2 mm in diameter. It is recessed completely into the white plastic of the hinge.

Last edited:
Argh! I got as far as the hinge for the arms. All was proceeding fine until that point.

When I started to remove the hinge screw, the head stripped immediately. Perhaps it has been glued and is also a soft metal?

View attachment 5702

Now I am stuck here trying to remove this stripped screw. I have tried foil, rubber band... only superglue is left.

Any ideas? Looking at the other screws, the hinge screw is likely 1.64 mm in diameter and the head is 3.2 mm in diameter. It is recessed completely into the white plastic of the hinge.
Its soft metal.... lightly hammer in a flat screwdriver that is just wider than the stripped hole then turn it as slowly as possible.... it should come out.

Your glue idea isn't bad either..a little super glue on the end of a screwdriver into the stripped hole. Wait for it to set with the screwdriver in place then twist to remove. You can get the glue back off the screwdriver with acetone / nail polish remover. You would have to make sure the glue only went in the head of the screw though.... any errant glue could really hurt your ability to take things apart.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut