Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi take off at 249gr and battery problem work around.

Zebrauno

Reaction score
One of my 3 batteries showed an abnormal behavior:
- no leds when pushing the button to verify charge status
- when the battery was connected to any type of charger (simple USB or power delivery) it was unable to charge. The battery was at storage capacity (2 leds on when charging). The third led did not blink at a regular speed, but did some flashes. No current was drawn from charger.
- no way to turn on Anafi using that battery

I decided to open the case ad try to repair the charge unit or the protection board.
At the same time I put 2 packs of 2s 450mAh 60C LiHV (900mAh in total) reaching a total weight of 250gr.

Battery problem work-around:

- since there're no signals when pressing the top button I measured the current flow between the RED positive pole of the LIHV pack and the Positive pole of the battery connector's rear side.
- measuring the current flow created a bypass, the charger board did a startup (red flash, green sequence, fixed led for status charge...then all off after few seconds).

With the bypass the top button regained it's function:
- ok to show capacity
- ok to turn ON and OFF the drone.

The battery also was again able to charge showing it's normal behavior.

BTW: Anafi showed and autonomy of 9':08" from takeoff to autolanding, using the 900mAh modified battery. I shot 2 panoramas in 360° mode, made some repetitive up and downs and manouvers in Sport mode, in a closed place.
I used FreeFlight in the modified version (showing real capacity in mAh) and FCC mode.

With a 250gr takeoff mass Anafi was even more stable in hovering, and super reactive in sport mode.

- when the battery was connected to any type of charger (simple USB or power delivery) it was unable to charge. The battery was at storage capacity (2 leds on when charging). The third led did not blink at a regular speed, but did some flashes. No current was drawn from charger.

I decided to open the case ad try to repair the charge unit or the protection board.
At the same time I put 2 packs of 2s 450mAh 60C LiHV (900mAh in total) reaching a total weight of 250gr.

- since there're no signals when pressing the top button I measured the current flow between the RED positive pole of the LIHV pack and the Positive pole of the battery connector's rear side.
- measuring the current flow created a bypass, the charger board did a startup (red flash, green sequence, fixed led for status charge...then all off after few seconds).

- ok to show capacity

BTW: Anafi showed and autonomy of 9':08" from takeoff to autolanding, using the 900mAh modified battery. I shot 2 panoramas in 360° mode, made some repetitive up and downs and manouvers in Sport mode, in a closed place.
I used FreeFlight in the modified version (showing real capacity in mAh) and FCC mode.

With a 250gr takeoff mass Anafi was even more stable in hovering, and super reactive in sport mode.
Hello, Thank you for your sharing and expected that you can post this more details on here. Cheers!!

- ok to show capacity

Please share links to the battery and the mod

51Zq+pdVaWS._AC_SL1000_.jpg

I choose a battery easy to find in Europe:

Gaoneng LIHV 7,6v 450mAh 2s 80C-160C with XT30 connector.
Omschrijving:
Batterijparameter: 7.6V 450Mah 80C 2S
Capaciteit: 450mAh
Afmeting: 14 * 18 * 62 mm
Stekker: XT30 Stekker
Doorlopende ontlading: 80C
Gewicht: ongeveer 28 g
Kleuren: Standaard Kleuren
Voorzichtigheid:
Niet overbeladen of overladen batterijen.
Zet het niet naast de hoge temperatuur conditie.
Gooi het niet in vuur.
Gooi het niet in water.
Pakket inbegrepen:
1 x 7.6 V 450 mAh 80C 2S Lipo-batterij

I made a parallel with 2 of them, and reached 900mAh in total.

If you have an old battery, with a working charger board inside of it , all you need to do is swap the old battery with the new pack.

No need to keep the XT30 connector, you may just cut the power wires just behind the plug, peel them off and apply a good ammount of solder.
You can also remove the balance connector and only keep the middle wire (for each battery) in order to solder it in the rear of the protection board.

Some notes about charging:
- the overall voltage will rise and stop when the pack reaches 8,6V, with little heat (it's an intellingent charger, we wanna keep the thermal probe in the right place, in contact with the cells).
- when the battery is fully charged the number of leds indicating the charge status will be 1 or 2. This will not affect the correct operation during take-off and flight.

It's advised to use the modified version of Freeflight in order to activate the safety functions (RTH and Autoland) in relation to the actual battery voltage expressed in mV.

As said before, the drone will be very precise and reactive in sport mode. It could reach higher speeds and higher ascent rates (software limited).

With this mod it is for me the perfect flying camera for video inspections in urban european areas, because of the zenith orientation capability and of course it's astounding silent performance during hovering.

51Zq+pdVaWS._AC_SL1000_.jpg

I choose a battery easy to find in Europe:

Gaoneng LIHV 7,6v 450mAh 2s 80C-160C with XT30 connector.
Omschrijving:
Batterijparameter: 7.6V 450Mah 80C 2S
Capaciteit: 450mAh
Afmeting: 14 * 18 * 62 mm
Stekker: XT30 Stekker
Doorlopende ontlading: 80C
Gewicht: ongeveer 28 g
Kleuren: Standaard Kleuren
Voorzichtigheid:
Niet overbeladen of overladen batterijen.
Zet het niet naast de hoge temperatuur conditie.
Gooi het niet in vuur.
Gooi het niet in water.
Pakket inbegrepen:
1 x 7.6 V 450 mAh 80C 2S Lipo-batterij

I made a parallel with 2 of them, and reached 900mAh in total.

If you have an old battery, with a working charger board inside of it , all you need to do is swap the old battery with the new pack.

No need to keep the XT30 connector, you may just cut the power wires just behind the plug, peel them off and apply a good ammount of solder.
You can also remove the balance connector and only keep the middle wire (for each battery) in order to solder it in the rear of the protection board.

Some notes about charging:
- the overall voltage will rise and stop when the pack reaches 8,6V, with little heat (it's an intellingent charger, we wanna keep the thermal probe in the right place, in contact with the cells).
- when the battery is fully charged the number of leds indicating the charge status will be 1 or 2. This will not affect the correct operation during take-off and flight.

It's advised to use the modified version of Freeflight in order to activate the safety functions (RTH and Autoland) in relation to the actual battery voltage expressed in mV.

As said before, the drone will be very precise and reactive in sport mode. It could reach higher speeds and higher ascent rates (software limited).

With this mod it is for me the perfect flying camera for video inspections in urban european areas, because of the zenith orientation capability and of course it's astounding silent performance during hovering.
thank you for the information

- ok to show capacity

Appreciate if u could advice where the middle wires of the batteries need to be connected on the bac of the prtection board

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut