Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Thermal images

briwy

Reaction score
I have a problem getting the thermal images, ie R JPEG, from the Anafi Thermal onto a PC. I am using 64Gb Sandisk Extreme Pro cards formatted in the drone as they are not recognised by the Anafi if they are formatted on the PC. The images on the SD card show up as thermal images in the FreeFlight gallery and can be analaysed there so they must be saved to the card as R JPEG. When I load then onto the PC (tried two different PCs) they only show up as ordinary JPEGs and won't open in FLIR Tools. I have other IR cameras which I don't have this problem with so I am struggling to find a solution to this.
All firmware is up to date.
Any help/ideas much appreciated.

Did you try connecting the aircraft directly to your PC by way of the USB? I would then access the "drive" which contains your photos. You should then be able to drag and drop them to the PC or you can read them directly off of the aircraft itself as it is being recognized as an "external" storage device.

I have a problem getting the thermal images, ie R JPEG, from the Anafi Thermal onto a PC. I am using 64Gb Sandisk Extreme Pro cards formatted in the drone as they are not recognised by the Anafi if they are formatted on the PC. The images on the SD card show up as thermal images in the FreeFlight gallery and can be analaysed there so they must be saved to the card as R JPEG. When I load then onto the PC (tried two different PCs) they only show up as ordinary JPEGs and won't open in FLIR Tools. I have other IR cameras which I don't have this problem with so I am struggling to find a solution to this.
All firmware is up to date.
Any help/ideas much appreciated.
Did you find a resolution to this problem? My company recently purchased a ANAFI USA and are having the same issues. I work for an electric company, so these images are vital to prevent future outages

I am also having this issue, with images and videos with the last version of FLIR Tools. FLIR just advised me to contact Parrot. It should "just work", as per the tutorial videos, but doesnt. What version of Flir Tools do you use, @Hawaii Drone Imaging ?

I am also having this issue, with images and videos with the last version of FLIR Tools. FLIR just advised me to contact Parrot. It should "just work", as per the tutorial videos, but doesnt. What version of Flir Tools do you use, @Hawaii Drone Imaging ?
Hello all. Sorry for the late reply. Attached is a screenshot of the version I use: 6.4.18039.1003

I've also attached a sample of one of my thermal images which shows the metadata. Does yours show this also when you look at the photo properties? I'm on a Macbook Pro, so it may look a little different on PC.

Maybe your file extensions? .jpg instead of .jpeg?

Attachments

• FLIR TOOLS SS 2021.jpg
    FLIR TOOLS SS 2021.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 7
  • ANAFI THERMAL JPG EXAMPLE.jpg
    ANAFI THERMAL JPG EXAMPLE.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Oh man. That's what I'm using too. Thanks for letting us know. Did you update to that version or just install it? Also, FLIR Tools refuses to see the SD card as an external source when I click import, althought it sees the folder contents when I manually add it to Library. It's really disappointing....

Oh man. That's what I'm using too. Thanks for letting us know. Did you update to that version or just install it? Also, FLIR Tools refuses to see the SD card as an external source when I click import, althought it sees the folder contents when I manually add it to Library. It's really disappointing....
I didn't update. Same version I've had for almost 2yrs. Did you try to just "drag n drop" the photos/folder into FLIR?

I've contacted Parrot and FLIR. Both told me that with the ANAFI USA FLIR Boson camera does not take radiometric photos, just nonradiometric. Basically, nonradiometric do not have any thermal data attached and is more of a visual representation of the hotspots. Radiometric photos allow thermal analysis after the photo is taken. Needless to say, this made the drone almost useless for my company. This difference between the thermal image types is not stated anywhere in the specs or marketing. Frankly, it seems like it is just guessing the temperatures. I took the same images on my DJI Inspire with a XT thermal camera. The XT was able to capture a 15 degree temperature change where as the ANAFI USA did not register a temperature change at all. Pretty disappointed in the entire product and support

FLIR Tools doesn't allow me to do that (tried, then called it a night). Wait, yours does?? Do you still have your flirtools.exe? I got mine for the FLIR websote, but I find it weird that ou have lots of working functionality I don't. I'll try a reinstall.

That's interesting on the Anafi USA. I specifically got the Lepton 3.5 version for the radiometric data and would have been terribly disappointed if I splurged on the Boson and found out that it came without that capablity. It's been incredibly useful and fun. It is weird how little information anyone wants to give. Now if only FLIR Tools would work for me...

FLIR Tools doesn't allow me to do that (tried, then called it a night). Wait, yours does?? Do you still have your flirtools.exe? I got mine for the FLIR websote, but I find it weird that ou have lots of working functionality I don't. I'll try a reinstall.

That's interesting on the Anafi USA. I specifically got the Lepton 3.5 version for the radiometric data and would have been terribly disappointed if I splurged on the Boson and found out that it came without that capablity. It's been incredibly useful and fun. It is weird how little information anyone wants to give. Now if only FLIR Tools would work for me...
@viperramey Yes, very disappointing with the USA version. That's a good piece of coin to spend. I was going to go that route also, but I cant remember what turned me away from it.

@genesisfactor Yes, still have the .exe ... And I stand corrected. I just attempted to drag and drop from my desktop...no bueno...sorry I lied :( This also work with my images from my Autel EVO2 640R Thermal.

Attachments

• FLIR 2.jpg
    FLIR 2.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 6
  • FLIR 3.jpg
    FLIR 3.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 5
  • FLIR 4.jpg
    FLIR 4.jpg
    199 KB · Views: 4
  • FLIR 5.jpg
    FLIR 5.jpg