Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi thermal not working with FreeFlight6 !!

I am not sure how long the system will allow you to ignore the update before forcing you to update. Someone on the forum the other day said it wouldn't let them fly until the 1.64 updated had been installed.

Others have said they ignored it.

I guess there is somewhere in the settings that set to ask before updating. i order a Anafi Thermal from nerds, so hopefully things get fixed.

Is 1.64 an automatic download? Can it be avoided?
DJI Spark had the same problem: New updates brought new bugs ... I learned there was no need to upgrade right away, but to check it out. "We're not repairing what works"

Last time I flew without problems in 1.6.3. FW, while there was a small green signal in FF6 that there is 1.6.4 firmware.
Don't push it and you won't have a problem. Does not force update. (FF6 6.6.203_FCC mod)

I was perfectly happy with my Anafi up to the point of the 1.64 update. Loved it so much that I haven't touched my Mavic Pro since I got the Anafi.

Since 1.64 there seems to be many different issues:
  • FCC / CE Mode Issues
  • Force Landings
  • Falling out of the sky
  • Long period before GPS Lock

Probably more, but a lot of unhappy people on 1.64.

Its got me so hacked off with Parrot, that tomorrow I shall be dusting off my Mavic Pro, which has been fully doctored and allows me to fly making all the decisions, so no crappy "DJI No Fly Zones". It has all the enhanced performance mod's, I just liked how the Anafi was quieter and easy to "Grab n Go".

Just purchased the "Master Air screw" props in a bid to reduce a bit of the MPA's noise.

Unless something happens with the next Anafi firmware, I will sell up and leave Parrot, which is not something I take lightly.

Its a case of watching & waiting to see what Parrot are going to do.
'
'Since 1.64 there seems to be many different issues:
  • FCC / CE Mode Issues
  • Force Landings
  • Falling out of the sky
  • Long period before GPS Lock'
Could the drone then identify the country?

Thanks for that information. This forum has some great members and very very helpful. Probably when I get mine on Wednesday it will probably without any options, download 1.64.

'
'Since 1.64 there seems to be many different issues:
  • FCC / CE Mode Issues
  • Force Landings
  • Falling out of the sky
  • Long period before GPS Lock'
Could the drone then identify the country?

Yes it did identify. In Hindsight I should have NEVER removed the modded APK to install the RC1 version on Google (which I note is still there).

I think it probably checks a few things to get your country code, i.e Google elements. FakeGPS had no effect whatsoever, so I think that hack is dead and buried now.

I am hoping the NLD Team (NoLimitDronez) who bust open and rooted the Mavic Pro, do something with the Anafi on their next release, which they have been indicating since before Christmas. What it will bring I dont know, but on DJI they now have it so you can upgrade and downgrade at will, and IMHO thats what we need..... The ability to rollback.

I dont believe that Parrot dont have an option to do that, their R&D must have the option for testing purposes.

Your right. Just have this job that needs to be done and need it ASAP. Is there any other problems that others are having? I was going to get an Autel EvoII Thermal, but can't get any information when it is going to be available. I have DJIs but feel that they are having issues.

Here is the latest update I have for you on your question about the Autel EVO ll

"
From the team here at Autel Robotics, we wanted to take a moment to thank you for your patience over the past month. Since it has been a few weeks, we wanted to give the community a status update on EVO II.

In our last update, we discussed a software bug that had been discovered and we were working on a fix before continuing production. That issue has since been resolved and all systems are go! With the unfortunate timing of the coronavirus outbreak, staffing at our assembly factory was affected, but we’re happy to say production has now returned to normal.

We also stated that our goal was to get EVO II into the hands of customers in March. Our plan has remained the same, and EVO II is projected to be available for purchase in the latter half of the month. With the delay of the EVO II 8K, the development and production of EVO II Pro and Dual have caught up and we expect the release of those two versions shortly after.
More information will be coming in the next week or so to confirm this, so keep an eye on your emails and watch our website for the most accurate and up to date information. We want to be as transparent as possible and provide more information as we receive it.
Again, we appreciate everyone’s patience as we get ready for this very exciting launch. Our goal, as always, is to exceed expectations: we want to ensure that goal has been met before launch.
Thank you and fly safe!"

I am not sure how long the system will allow you to ignore the update before forcing you to update. Someone on the forum the other day said it wouldn't let them fly until the 1.64 updated had been installed.

Others have said they ignored it.

I think, as long you have none of the updates on the bird, remote, app, it may fly.
But trying to fly the latest app with just the 1.6.2 and old remote fw, Or other combinations, that may trigger a "update needed or grounded" after a while.

Will see, right now I am on all 3 devices "old". And it flies!

DJI Spark had the same problem: New updates brought new bugs ... I learned there was no need to upgrade right away, but to check it out. "We're not repairing what works"

Last time I flew without problems in 1.6.3. FW, while there was a small green signal in FF6 that there is 1.6.4 firmware.
Don't push it and you won't have a problem. Does not force update. (FF6 6.6.203_FCC mod)

There was ONE "have too" update.
Needed to be done before 1. September 2017.
But after that, you can fly even all combinations of app, bird fw and (I think) remote fw
But there you can even downgrade the birds fw with the official assistant sw.
ok, you may need an older version, but still DJI has a update/downgrade sw for PC

Good another Anafi Thermal from Dronenerds. Charged everything downloaded software and did the setting. Turned on the drone when asked to and it came on for about 4 seconds and shut down. Didn't do the jiggel or gimble didn't spin. Changed batteries, same thing. Called Dronenerds and they are getting ready to close, so maybe try tomorrow. This is my 4th and none have worked.

Good another Anafi Thermal from Dronenerds. Charged everything downloaded software and did the setting. Turned on the drone when asked to and it came on for about 4 seconds and shut down. Didn't do the jiggel or gimble didn't spin. Changed batteries, same thing. Called Dronenerds and they are getting ready to close, so maybe try tomorrow. This is my 4th and none have worked.
It doesn't exist that you tried 4pcs and none works!
He doesn't do something well and not all start for the same.
Couldn't you have tried all 4 with a faulty battery?
Have you tried a hard reset?

Hard reset by holding start button on drone till solid red lights? Yes. Many times. No solid lights. Fan runs even while lights our out. Will not turn off. Have to remove battery to turn off. I was able to download app with this one . Prior one cut me off with Parrot. No Wi-Fi coming from drone.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut