Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi usa thermal camera

Maxbellons

Reaction score
Does anyone used it?
I have some questions and doubt:
firstly is it a radiometric camera?
Does the thermal data included in the jpeg on the sd card?
I do not found anything in the documentation.

Does anyone used it?
No one on this forum has posted about using or owning one yet.

No it is not radiometric in any way. There is no temp range, no spot meter, no temp box. It does not give temp values in the center pixels either like the Zenmuse XT

No.

I do not found anything in the documentation.

This drone may not have any radiometric capability, but it does have plenty of use cases. It would make a nice Search and Rescue Platform. It can do plenty of visual RBG inspections with its 30X Zoom. Its thermal can be used to qualitative inspections such as roof moisture, insulation and solar panels.

It will be interesting to see how this drone pans out for business, public and enterprise use.

My pure opinion of what it needed to be a great drone:

• Larger airframe to accept a 640 Flir Boson core
  • Larger frame to better accept lighting and maybe a parachute system ($7000 is a lot of money to watch crash)
  • An enhanced warranty program like DJI Enterprise Shield
  • Better Customer Service or should I say, an Enterprise worthy Customer Service. (If I buy 10 drones from you, I better have a strong behind the scenes Customer Service and Warranty Support)
  • A "Smart Controller" (All Anafis kind of look like toys and the controller while it works, is not the most professional looking or functioning

Just purchased a Parrot Thermal, not the expensive Parrot Anafi USA one (hopefully in the future though). Downloaded the PDF manual and currently reviewing. It is due in on Nov 9. More to follow.

I rented an Anafi USA for the weekend - primarily to decide which drone to buy: Autel Dual or Anafi USA. There's a lot of misinformation on forums and lack of information in general - just a lot of marketing hype.

My conclusion: I would pay $3k extra and get the Autel Evo. More details below.

I've addressed your questions below:

Does anyone used it?
Yes

Radiometric: There are 2 options in settings: higher resolution without the possibility of post processing or lower resolution with post processing enabled. BUT, I couldn't find any data in the lower quality JPEG. Very possible I haven't figured it out yet.

My experience so far:
Not radiometric in the sense you can't use Flir tools in post. However, there's a temperature scale you can set, which will only find objects that fall within your specified range. The thermal camera uses MSX and at a nearby range, works pretty good. However, the refresh rate is terrible and it overlays visual image to help supplement the lower thermal resolution - and that's what makes it good.

It's no where near the Autel Evo Dual - but it also costs $3000 less than the Autel.

The 32X Zoom feels entirely digital and I can see objects / building / cars from far away - it is not photo quality but for a specific job - i.e. search/rescue, inspection, surveillance, etc... it works great. I would say it does have a "wow" factor the first few times, then it wears off. Kinda like buying a really expensive sports car - the first few weeks it may feel amazing, then it's just a car and you're stuck with a big car payment.

The build quality is sturdy, yet light weight. It is also IP53 rated, which is great for flying in rain / fog, and deal with the elements other drones can't. And, because it's made for the US Army - it has to be high quality, it's the requirement to do business with the government.

The controller (no surprise) is its weakest link - it is flat out horrible. My iPhone Max doesn't fit in the controller, and the included adapter is too big for my phone. The controls are not very precise either.

The microSD card slot is horrible - feels like a mechanism from a blackberry or palm pilot from 2002.

The maneuverability and performance in light winds, 15mph is horrible - it kept shaking/jerking - and I was fearful it may just fly away or fall to the ground.

Lastly, the range is terrible. I started losing signal while the drone was hovering around 300ft right above me. I was in a city, fwiw - but it is a cause for concern. I would not feel comfortable flying it further than a few hundred feet.

Overall, I think it's good value for the price point. It's significantly better than the Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual (price $3.5k) and significantly worse than Autel Evo Dual ($10k).

I selected the lower resolution thermal image for post processing, but see no data associated with it other than the temperature scale. Even the picture taken is a screenshot.

It's possible I haven't figured out how to find additional data, but I tried looking everywhere and couldn't find anything.

Some images from Anafi USA thermal camera (and visual light camera w/ zoom):Screenshot_20201206-133532.JPGScreenshot_20201206-133747.JPGScreenshot_20201206-135259.JPGScreenshot_20201206-135435.JPGScreenshot_20201206-135441.JPGScreenshot_20201206-135455.JPGScreenshot_20201206-135821.JPG
100000040004.JPG

Attachments

• 100000110011.JPG
    100000110011.JPG
    672.4 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: jaja6009

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut