Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Variable ND Filter

Rob A

Reaction score
Has anyone had any luck finding a variable nd filter for the Anafi, modifying a variable filter for another drone, or making a DIY variable filter? I got my Anafi about a month ago, but I can't seem to find any company that makes a variable nd.

Thanks.

Variable ND is just two polariser filters, one fixed with one rotatable. You might be able to fashion one up from an existing unit for another drone.

Yeah, I was considering the double polarizing filter idea since that's what I do with my DSLR. The Mavic Air and Mavic 2 Zoom variable nd filters look pretty similar to the Anafi filters, but I can't find any dimensions for them online to see if they might fit with a little modification.

Update: The Freewell Mavic 2 Zoom variable ND filter 2-pack is close enough to the right size that it works. I also bought some 22mm outer diameter 20 mm inner diameter 1 mm thickness nitrile rubber o-rings to make up the size difference and add enough grip to hold the nd filters on the camera barrel for the Anafi. They fit right into the thread in the nd filters, and right now there is enough friction to hold everything in place. I might add a thin layer of rubber cement to hold the o-rings in place to be safe, but it seems to work great. They are a little bulkier than the standard Freewell set for the Anafi, so they need to be put on after camera calibration (just what is recommended with the regular filters anyways). There is no vignetting, either.

It's not the cheapest solution, but it seems to be working.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
folgorem