Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

anafi vertical fly

wolpie

Reaction score
Hello. I want to ask if anyone knows how to set up a vertical automatic flight with ANAFI. That is, for example from the "x" point at 3 meters to the same "x" point at 15 meters. Thank you. Wolpie

Hello. I want to ask if anyone knows how to set up a vertical automatic flight with ANAFI. That is, for example from the "x" point at 3 meters to the same "x" point at 15 meters. Thank you. Wolpie

You can't let Anafi go 90 degrees up, but you can place two waypoints side by side as close as possible on the screen at different heights. It is the only way it is possible to go almost 90 degrees up.

Regards, Leif.

Reactions: wolpie
You can't let Anafi go 90 degrees up, but you can place two waypoints side by side as close as possible on the screen at different heights. It is the only way it is possible to go almost 90 degrees up.

Regards, Leif.
Thanks a lot. Too bad! I was hoping for an Anafi function unknown to me

Thanks a lot. Too bad! I was hoping for an Anafi function unknown to me

There is great hope you have there. :) If you zoom the screen all the way in, you can set waypoints at a distance as low as 66 centimeters (2 feet), which I allow me to call almost 90 degrees up.

Regards, Leif.

Reactions: wolpie
You can create a flightplan with the point that interests you 15 meters high. Put Anafi manually at 3 meters on the same point. Start recording. Start flightplan. You can try..

Reactions: Zamzara and wolpie
You can create a flightplan with the point that interests you 15 meters high. Put Anafi manually at 3 meters on the same point. Start recording. Start flightplan. You can try..
Ok. Thank you. I'll try

Can you not manually edit the flightplan to achieve this?

Yes you can if you have a android device. I did several tests on this and it works pretty well. I did a simple test with it but if someone wanted to take their time they could make a very interesting way point mission.
You will need something like QuickEdit and a file explorer like Total Commander that I find work best.
Not very good at making tutorials but here ya go.

Reactions: Zigzag84
I need to do more experimenting with the .JSON file for a POI to see if there is a setting to slow down the camera adjustment to the next POI. The fast camera snap to the next POI is not very smooth and maybe we can just manually adjust it to our needs.
Anybody tried this?

if within flightplan ( given point x1 to point X2 ) , draw 2 points, the first the requested x1 at 3 meter and the second = X2 a bit further at 15 meter , and even following points is needed.
Now move X2 on top of X1 .

Seems logic, but no one here gave this answer ?
At least, I can do this in my flightplan ( ff6 v6.4.3 on android ) .....

My phone will not allow me to do that unless I root it which I will not as it voids my Warranty. Great that yours does.

If you look at your .JSON file your second way point you moved over the first will not be exact. If that does not matter to you then thats fine. Some of us need exact waypoints so the Anafi will not crash into anything close to the vertical travel.
If your happy with being close then its all good. Not something I was trying to do.

It does not matter.... Because the anafi could always deviate a small bit due to drifting and GPS deveations by itself, AND the natural GPS deviation caused by flying to close to object due to suddenly blocked sattelites by that same object (like a house)

So, I would not trust the anafi to go so close to trees and houses etc, that you think you need the "exact" GPS location where moved waypoints on top of eachother would be insufficient to get that needed precision....
= Accidents waiting happen....

The topic the OP asked was how to do a vertical waypoint mission. I gave him one solution. So did others. It is up to the end user to figure out what works best for him
Have a good day

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: FranoKaaf
A graph editor would be a useful addition. This is from Blender, but it illustrates the process.

nxH48.gif

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike37510