Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi vs Mavic Air 2 range test

without even watching; Anafi 300-500m before RTH, Air2 RTH because of battery. So 8000m

*edit: wow anafi did better than I expected

without even watching; Anafi 300-500m before RTH, Air2 RTH because of battery. So 8000m

*edit: wow anafi did better than I expected
Anafi is still respectable drone considering it's only wifi. Could reach 2km if go at higher altitude.

Last edited:
It's stated in the beginning Wifi vs Ocusync
Yes, OcoSync (Air2) is no(t only) Wifi (Anafi)
We all know (I think), that Wifi is not as reliable as the Ocosync technic.
So the result was expectable
Aside, the Air 2 is not really the competitor to the Anafi (1;-)
That was the Air

I think Anafi is still winning though, especially with business organisations, it doesn't come with all the hype and baggage that the DJI does, all the bad press about the security side of things with DJI has scared a lot of companies off.

Here in the UK, local police forces are buying the Anafi over the DJI because of its ability to deploy in seconds, lightweight, decent battery life.

I saw a patrol officer deploy one within seconds of getting out of his patrol car, it game him "Eyes-On" an area within seconds of coming to a stop.

Occusync will always win over Wi-Fi, but ultimately we still have to obey the VLOS rule, so these Police forces and Companies are not looking at distance.

And one or two more facts: The Mavic Air2 doesn't even allow you to take off in certain places (NFZ) and it can't zoom. There are still areas where Anafi is still better. Range is only one thing, but not the most important ...

Reactions: d95gas
Each has it's own strength, depending what user is looking for.

There are few things MA2 is lacking, such as flight plan, lossless zoom, arcade mode, etc

But this test is specific to the range vs the occusync in CE mode. The 1080p HD video transmission is superior with the occusync and better range.

The MA2 and controller also has a better build quality in my opinion. You can feel it when you get to hold them.

The anafi "wins" in weight size and price
Not in video colors, but zoom and distance (at least in FCC) is more as enough.
We usually have to fly in VLOS, so if 1k or 4k is not really of concern, isn't it?

In my eyes the air 2 is more the replacement for the Mavic Pro/Platinum.
And with Mini, Air 2, Mavic 2 Pro, DJI has a very useful line of products in the consumer area.
The Mini is the "local" drone, the air2 the one for more serious using, .....

My next one will be the Mini!
Mini plus Anafi would be a good team, methinks!
Both together are about the weight of a Air 2 Combo

Reactions: blacksheep pilot
And one or two more facts: The Mavic Air2 doesn't even allow you to take off in certain places (NFZ) and it can't zoom. There are still areas where Anafi is still better. Range is only one thing, but not the most important ...
Plus 180 degrees gimbal there is no dji with this feature.

Reactions: Gipsz Jakab
Of course, how could I forgot that?
That is one of the biggest advantages, not only for Spheres.
I kind of expected (waited for it ;-) DJI to come up with a second cam, like the motorized pop ups One Plus Pro and others.
To get the top pictures for the 180x180 ° Spheres, at least!

This is a funny comparo because I literally just bought both of these quads this week. I got an Anafi extended at a price that I couldn't resist. I have always wanted to add this bird to my collection and am really pleased with its unique skillset. I'm used to the Anafi controller from my Skydio. The MA2 is nice as well, but so is everything DJI makes. That new controller is pretty great.

Last edited:
Reactions: Metairieman55
The Air2 is the better drone for 95% of all people.
For me the Anafi is the best. I never crashed and I love how it handles
I agree with that!
I often record events and it’s very disturbing to have the DJI play music on and the loud beeps during RTH. In addition, the first start is very slow, the connection to the remote control and the software start are slow.
The Anafi is quiet on departure, quiet during the flight and quiet when you start RTH. Besides, there are no Christmas tree-like flashes. So he is very discreet for semi-professional work.

Gee, 2 years later and this is all the improvement we see? Every other part of the multirotor world is advancing so rapidly and flying cameras seem to be stuck in the past with little performance improvement. A lot of Anafi owners probably feel good about their purchase decision after this. I guess I'm glad Parrot isn't as fast with new products as the big "D". It keeps platforms like Anafi relevant far longer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dardo