Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi Warranty Exchange Canada (Best Buy)

TropicThunder

Reaction score
Just wanted to share my experience dealing with a Warranty Exchange with BestBuy here in Canada on my Parrot Anafi as I've seen a lot of posts here about no warranty coverage in Canada. There is, just seems like Parrot and Best Buy have a problem with communication between each other.

Bought an Anafi last August, had over 237 flights on it with no issues until it dropped out of the sky last week from 140m during its descent on RTH. Fortunately it was under warranty for a couple more weeks so sent Parrot Support an email with flight logs and details and they confirmed it was a motherboard issue and would be covered under the warranty and Best Buy would take care of the exchange for me.

Went to Best Buy in Red Deer and brought in a printed copy of the email thread from Parrot stating the Case# and that Best Buy would exchange the drone for a new one. The first kid at the service desk I spoke with said he couldn't do the exchange because of the drone being over 30 days old and open and the system wouldn't even allow him to if he wanted to and blah blah blah. I told him to get a manager who said that they would cover the warranty exchange and swapped out the damaged drone for a new one right then and there.

So if your in Canada and Best Buy gives you the run around with a valid warranty exchange just keep asking to speak to a manager and you shouldn't have a problem.

Just wanted to share my experience dealing with a Warranty Exchange with BestBuy here in Canada on my Parrot Anafi as I've seen a lot of posts here about no warranty coverage in Canada. There is, just seems like Parrot and Best Buy have a problem with communication between each other.

Bought an Anafi last August, had over 237 flights on it with no issues until it dropped out of the sky last week from 140m during its descent on RTH. Fortunately it was under warranty for a couple more weeks so sent Parrot Support an email with flight logs and details and they confirmed it was a motherboard issue and would be covered under the warranty and Best Buy would take care of the exchange for me.

Went to Best Buy in Red Deer and brought in a printed copy of the email thread from Parrot stating the Case# and that Best Buy would exchange the drone for a new one. The first kid at the service desk I spoke with said he couldn't do the exchange because of the drone being over 30 days old and open and the system wouldn't even allow him to if he wanted to and blah blah blah. I told him to get a manager who said that they would cover the warranty exchange and swapped out the damaged drone for a new one right then and there.

So if your in Canada and Best Buy gives you the run around with a valid warranty exchange just keep asking to speak to a manager and you shouldn't have a problem.
if you ever need parts or batteries we stock them now in Calgary

Hope that helps and good to hear Parrot came through for you. We are struggling with them now and again as a distributor but things are getting better so keeping my fingers crossed

Reactions: Thanev

Good to hear, I thought it was a 2 year warranty with the Anafi??

ah right... I just lifted this from Parrot website

"
My product was purchased from another reseller than Parrot, is my product still guaranteed?

-If the Parrot product you own has been purchase from one of Parrot retailer, the commercial guarantee will be ensured by the latter according to the terms agreed in their terms and conditions"

I had purchased a Bebop 2 from best buy in victoria february of this year.. after a dozen flights and a couple months had some control loss issues that had damaged the camera.. started the endless process of emails with parrot.. finally they agreed it would be covered under warranty and return it to best buy.. took it in and got the same run around mentioned above.. finally got a manager and showed him the paper trail from parrot and they grudgingly agreed to exchange.. by this time I came to to the decision the bebop 2 had to many shortcomings and I really didn't want an exchange and was more inclined to just get the cash back.. I had looked at reviews on the anafi and thought maybe it was more what I was looking for, so forked over the extra cash and brought an anafi home.. so far I'm quite pleased with it..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame