Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Anafi will not power off after connecting it to my comp to transfer files. USB port also malfunctioned.

MightyMuffins

Reaction score
Well this is an interesting little issue I got tonight with the Anafi. I don't think I've seen this issue shown or literally anyone ever seen this issue. I may have a first and very rare issue here.

It will not power down anymore. I put it on my USB port to download files from it to my computer and in the process it said the USB on it malfunctioned. In doing so turning the drone on to transfer the files the drone will not turn off even if I hit the power button. It will flash a few times with the batter level but then have the battery lights go back to black and it will still run. Tempted to just remove the battery even if it's still running but likely will just it it run out of battery power. It's running very hot right now so I am not sure if in this state the internal computer in it has malfunctioned so it won't power off it overheats. I have it in the middle of the driveway outside just in case it catches fire from overheating (not playing around with Lithium batteries and a possible malfunctioned drone). Anyone know how to diagnose this?

Also this will not connect to my phone,freeflight, or any device at the moment. It's like the drone is in sleep mode.

Last edited:
.... Tempted to just remove the battery even if it's still running ....
That would be the first thing I would do. Let it sit a minute and put the battery back on, or a new battery with a full charge, and reboot.
There are similar issues fixed by this method.

That would be the first thing I would do. Let it sit a minute and put the battery back on, or a new battery with a full charge, and reboot.
There are similar issues fixed by this method.
Alright that may have done the trick. I didn't think it was smart to remove the batteries like that when it was on but I guess it worked.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clansman320