Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Android tablet recommendations?

Thanev

Reaction score
Looking to purchase an Android tablet in the 8" to 10" range that is compatible with the Anafi.I imagine onboard GPS/barometric press.sensor are a must have for full functionality...
Any recommendations?

Samsung S8 10" works very fine, except that FF6 stops running too when stitching panos, HQ or LQ at the last moment just a second before reaching 100%

I have just got rid of my iPad mini 4 and replaced it with he Huawei Mediapad M5 8.4".

2k screen and the sound out of this thing is amazing. Usual Huawei high build level, stunning device and will be used for both my Mavic Pro and the Anafi.

Obviously with the Anafi I will need to use a separate tablet holder, which is not a problem as there are plenty of them around.

Any advice here - trying to choose between the two: Galaxy Tab A 10.5" 2018(3GB RAM, 32GB ROM) and the Lenovo Tab4 10" Plus (4GB RAM, 64GB ROM) - both are priced the same where I am, have cellular and also GPS support. What I am really trying to decide is the offered advantage of the newer OS on the Tab A, and a seemingly better display (i have to also use it to showcase stuff while networking) vs the higher overall specs of the Tab4 10 Plus. (Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 1.8Ghz in Tab A vs Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 - Octa-Core, up to 2.0 GHz in the Lenovo )

All I really want to figure is if I go with the new Tab A, it shouldn't really have issues with flying just because I skimped on perhaps better hardware in the Tab4 10 Plus?

I didn't search for the mentioned tablets, but most tablets unfortunately don't have a barometer, that is needed for some Follow-Me modes.
Does anyone know a tablet with GPS and barometer?

I doubt there are any with barometers. I wonder through if I'd want to use follow me with a tablet on the controller ( unless perhaps from inside a car?)

Likewise, there are many tablets that do not have a built-in compass so the correct compass direction shown for the controller is wrong.

@Dirk_ANAFI Yes my Lenovo TAB4 has built-in GPS but no barometer or compass.

Regards, Leif.

Reactions: Dirk_ANAFI

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut