Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Another Year Over (Almost)

Liger 1956

Reaction score
Even though the Anafi is not "state of the art" I still believe that it is a well engineered and competent drone although it does have its faults.
I have looked at other offerings but whilst mine keeps flying I have no intention to buy anything else especially in these times of changing regulations.
I live in the UK and I have my A2 CofC qualification. As the Anafi is classed as a legacy drone of less than 500g I am able to fly it almost anywhere a sub 250g drone can fly for the next 2 years at least. I feel that as long as I treat it correctly, look after the batteries and do not take undue risks with it the Anafi should serve me well for a while yet although I may have jinxed things by saying that!

I have noticed that the forum is becoming less busy with posts this year as well. Probably because you are unable to easily buy new Anafi's and repairing them is nigh on impossible.
So I hope that you all fly safe next year and do not have any unforeseen failures.

Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I would like to add that I am trying like mad to fly the Bebop version 1 and 2 in an area close to a large city. Getting disconnected via deauth attacks constantly. I shouldn't have to go to the deep countryside everytime I want to fly a drone. Pen-testers in the area should not be deciding whether or not you can fly your drone at said location by exploiting frames, packets, flooding and deauthing drone, but that is what is currently happening for me and Parrot is staying quite on the matter. Not offering any solutions around it or patches such as an 802.11w option at least for the old bebops for months now. Having flown 2.4 ghz planes and gliders for years before, I know what local 2.4ghz interference looks and feels like. I am just recently also having odd disconnects with the Anafi 4k and believe in no way is this stemming from the local everyday 2.4 and 5ghz interference. If this doesn't get patched, I will sadly have to look for a new company to fly with. I have no time to battle with attacks while trying to fly as a hobby constantly, while others have identified and patched the problems. For a manufacturer to just cease providing spare parts for their products weighs heavily as well, while others continue to provide and support their drones all around.

Last edited:
Wimax is a terrible source of interference. Do not confuse it with Wifi-attacks. When you are in the line-of-sight between two points communication with the drone is near to impossible.

Wimax is a terrible source of interference. Do not confuse it with Wifi-attacks. When you are in the line-of-sight between two points communication with the drone is near to impossible.
Not an issue in the US.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
folgorem