Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Any idea when replacement parts will be available?

Mac The Knife

Reaction score
I'm a new owner of an Anafi, and not an experienced flyer. I flew backwards into the wheel of my vehicle, broke a prop blade, and tweaked the rear landing legs. It's not unflyable, but I would like to have some spare parts in my arsenal. Any idea when Parrot will make them available? I did see where someone is selling individual arms on Amazon for $80 each,,,,,,, I would buy another drone before I would buy from that seller.

Reactions: Kdavis2269
PARTS are a real problem with ANAFI . They need to get these available since there drones are easily user repairable and it appears they sold a lot of them.

Buying a second ANAFI is the only option for now .

Photo after impact with tree at full speed. Waiting 7 weeks now.

PS I spoke to PARROT yesterday and they noted they hoped to have available by the end of Jan.

Attachments

• 20181208_110243.jpg
    20181208_110243.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 30
PARTS are a real problem with ANAFI . They need to get these available since there drones are easily user repairable and it appears they sold a lot of them.

Buying a second ANAFI is the only option for now .

Photo after impact with tree at full speed. Waiting 7 weeks now.

PS I spoke to PARROT yesterday and they noted they hoped to have available by the end of Jan.

And that's why they need obstacle avoidance!

And that's why they need obstacle avoidance!

I disagree, not only does the obstacle avoidance often not detect obstacles when you would need them, it can also lead to problems when the drone detects false obstacles. Flying with care is the best thing you can do. Often people rely too much on sensors to save them, risk something and are surprised when bad things happen regardless of sensors. Don’t get me wrong, obstacles avoidance sensors are not a bad thing but i think they are overrated and often used as a marketing aspect more then they are really helpful. Sometimes they can even lead to several problems.

I disagree, not only does the obstacle avoidance often not detect obstacles when you would need them, it can also lead to problems when the drone detects false obstacles. Flying with care is the best thing you can do. Often people rely too much on sensors to save them, risk something and are surprised when bad things happen regardless of sensors. Don’t get me wrong, obstacles avoidance sensors are not a bad thing but i think they are overrated and often used as a marketing aspect more then they are really helpful. Sometimes they can even lead to several problems.

I agree with you but the trouble is governments like mine here in Canada are starting to say if you want to fly close to people and be a commercial operator your UAV needs to be compliant to our rules. Not even the very best DJI UAV has passed that test yet. More and more governments are going to start restricting what you can fly as far as safety is concerned. The more bells and whistles the better is the way they think. Not always so as we know.

I see. Of course that’s a real problem. So what can you do in Canada then when even the more expensive DJI drones don’t fulfill this requirement? Self build drones? Other manufacturers?

Flying with care is the best thing you can do. Don’t get me wrong, obstacles avoidance sensors are not a bad thing but i think they are overrated and often used as a marketing aspect more then they are really helpful. Sometimes they can even lead to several problems.

Flying with care is what we all should be doing but there are times when you are trying new things in new areas and it is a great benefit. I agree there are certain problems associated with it and it's not foolproof. It is a redundancy system, just the same as large jets.

I agree avoidance is not really useful except at the lowest speeds. It take a lot of compute to monitor 6 directions with all the variables. I was bugged about this so I recently purchased a Mavic 2 to see how well it works. It does work IF you meet all the stipulations and limit DJI puts on it . There are several pages in the DJI manual outlining this. For now this is a check box on a pro con list not reality. LEARN TO FLY that's the fun part of Drones. If you are interested download the DJI Mavic 2 full manual and read the section on this feature. I also fly a Disco, Bebop 2 Thermal, Mavic 2 and Inspire. 70% of my fliying is still on the ANAFI. Its light, fast and quiet. (Just wish they would get there parts instock so I can fly it again)

I'm a new owner of an Anafi, and not an experienced flyer. I flew backwards into the wheel of my vehicle, broke a prop blade, and tweaked the rear landing legs. It's not unflyable, but I would like to have some spare parts in my arsenal. Any idea when Parrot will make them available? I did see where someone is selling individual arms on Amazon for $80 each,,,,,,, I would buy another drone before I would buy from that seller.
I bought two of the arms from the Amazon dealer and sent back they are not OEM replacements and the are not with motors and wiring . They are disassembling and selling as replacement parts. I did find a dealer in Germany that had used arms with the motors and prop complete for the same type of price Original Parrot Anafi Right Front Motor Arm / M1 I will post what I think when it arrives.
Yesterday PARROT support noted they should have parts by end of month.

Thanks for the link.

The advertised spare parts seem really expensive (80$ for one arm, without the motor, and 80$ for each motor ... the total with legs and motors is the price of a new one !!)

Note : they do sell Arm 1,3 and 4... but not Arm 2. Looks like they have a few used Anafi and they sell parts from it...

27$ for the little silicone damper ... ??

If I crash my Anafi, I’d rather buy a new one !! And use the crashed one for spare parts !

Suggestion : shall we make a thread where Anafi Pilot could trade or exchange parts from crashed Anafi ?
For example, if I have a crashed Anafi with a functional gimbal and can sell it or exchange it...
The same applies to the GPS module (sold 79$ on the above mentioned site !). I would rather buy it from a crashed Anafi (around 30$ for example) to one of you if my GPS module was burned...

... of course the price of 2nd hand spare parts should be indexed on the price of new one... when sold by Parrot !

In the video that was suppressed by Parrot, there was a box with a reference, where you could see the 4 motors. I guess they are almost ready to sell ‘new’ spare parts !

That is a good idea for users to contribute if they have spares. The Ebay seller in Germany sold me the complete arm motor wiring and plastic with blade for 123 delivered to US. I will comment once received. These other sellers seem way out of line.

They (PARROT) told me end of month or beginning feb we will be able to buy online. They are usually very reasonable.

I also would not mind having some spares. In 3+ years I have had about 1% bad failures per year at 25% cost of drone to repair.

The ironic part is Parrot had the same problem with the Bebop 2 in 2016 with the Central Cross frame (like the 4 anafi arms and case bottom in one) however , it was only 60 US once available the anafi could cost 400 if you have a real bad crash breaking 3 or 4 motor arms. This is the price you pay for such a light compact drone.

Regards parts clearing site they have classified like that on the InspirePilots site.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thanev

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critinator