Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Approached when flying!!

Skydreamer

Reaction score
Took my bebop 2 for spin today to local park,climbed up to the top of highest rock in park,aprox 270feet,got ready,calibrated,flat trim,took off....3 minutes into flying couple of hikers (male/female) show up
me:hello,!!(smile)....they kept 10 feet distance
hikers: (smile)hello......is that a drone(bebop2 was aprox 100meters away)
me:yes it is,its lot of fun!!
hikers: (smiling,not saying anything for aprox 20seconds,just looking at me,smiling again and walking away)
me:wtf !! And scratching my head...
it felt like duel at ok coral, very weird,we just looked at each-other and smiled...i am all about educating people about drones,rulles,prices,anything drone related but this was just weird,at the same time i realized that i forgot about my bebop that was hovering 100 meters away...flew another 10 minutes,picked up my stuff and left...i didnt do anything illegal,,flew 300 meter distance and 10 meter above takeoff point but couldnt stop thinkig that this couple will probably call cops on me and tell some weird story.....i am looking now at neon safety vests sold on amazon with faa drone pilot -dont approach on the back,i am thinking if i make it look more official i might minimize weird encounters with some people

Took my bebop 2 for spin today to local park,climbed up to the top of highest rock in park,aprox 270feet,got ready,calibrated,flat trim,took off....3 minutes into flying couple of hikers (male/female) show up
me:hello,!!(smile)....they kept 10 feet distance
hikers: (smile)hello......is that a drone(bebop2 was aprox 100meters away)
me:yes it is,its lot of fun!!
hikers: (smiling,not saying anything for aprox 20seconds,just looking at me,smiling again and walking away)
me:wtf !! And scratching my head...
it felt like duel at ok coral, very weird,we just looked at each-other and smiled...i am all about educating people about drones,rulles,prices,anything drone related but this was just weird,at the same time i realized that i forgot about my bebop that was hovering 100 meters away...flew another 10 minutes,picked up my stuff and left...i didnt do anything illegal,,flew 300 meter distance and 10 meter above takeoff point but couldnt stop thinkig that this couple will probably call cops on me and tell some weird story.....i am looking now at neon safety vests sold on amazon with faa drone pilot -dont approach on the back,i am thinking if i make it look more official i might minimize weird encounters with some people
Too funny but I think you handled it the correct way, better to avoid conflict, especially if it feels uncomfortable. I have found most folks are just curious, once I explain they seem to be very cool about it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caddyb0y