Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Beached

Krusty Geeza

Reaction score
Website
alexmausolf.com
I've been flat out lately doing a lot of voluntary media work for the local chapter of a rather well known climate change movement that's been inconveniencing London lately. Finally had a morning to myself today & went to the local beach for some aerial photography as part of an ongoing motif, where I will explore various beaches, trying to unearth their unique qualities. Here's some explorations of this idea, in regular format & also in square format, which I am doing as two separate explorations along the same motif.

Wow really nice images - did you shoot in RAW?
(Also Kudos to you in your involvement with Extinction Rebellion). Also have you edited these?

Last edited:
Reactions: Krusty Geeza
Wow really nice images - did you shoot in RAW?
(Also Kudos to you in your involvement with Extinction Rebellion). Also have you edited these?
Thanks @dot, I'm glad you enjoyed them. They are all taken as RAW files & with various selective edits made quickly in Lightroom Classic. I locked in ISO 100, Blue Sky & Natural finishing, let the Anafi take care of the exposure as an experiment to see how it would go. I was quite pleasantly surprised by the results actually, especially considering that the light was changing very fast as the sun slid in & out of the clouds, which created some very cool drama with the cliffs. Exposure times are either 1/15 or 1/50 as I had the ND 32 filter on & had a very time limited partner wanting to get a move along, so didn't have the time to bring the Anafi back & take that off. Now, I'm glad I didn't as there is the slightly slower wave movement as a result, which I'm very pleased with.

Here's the jpeg's in the same order as above for you to see the difference between the Natural finishing of them as compared to my chosen finishing of the images. The vignetting caused by the ND filter is very evident in these, as are the perspective correction differences in the edited RAW files.

This next bit is off-topic, sorry. Lots of people don't understand what the XR movement is trying to achieve, still. Here the media plays them as deadbeat vegans, which isn't really surprising when you look at who owns our media & then understand their ties with various fossil fuel interests... In a nutshell for those here that don't understand, it's simply trying to get the matter of Climate Change taken seriously by governments of the world, because if we continue living as we currently are, in 12 years time things will become irreparable & that's according to rather conservative science. Sorry for the interruption to your regular programming folks.

Nice to see you posting again Alex :) I was going to send out the S&R to look for you. When someone makes at least one post a day disappears I wonder if everything is OK with them. Glad you were just busy with other things. (y)

Nice to see you posting again Alex :) I was going to send out the S&R to look for you. When someone makes at least one post a day disappears I wonder if everything is OK with them. Glad you were just busy with other things. (y)
Thanks for the concern @Agustine I actually missed having a look through the conversations & gossip here. Looks like the gaggle of Avril's weren't released on the French after all. ;) I was rather hoping that the 15th was going to herald a 1" sensor Anafi Mk II, maybe later on...

I'd imagine the ice has all melted or nearly all melted up your way by now? Have you had the little grey bird out capturing this lately?

Still a big ice cube in my swimming pool but very little snow left in the yard. You can still find snow where the sun does not get to very much. A little further west and a tad higher elevation there is still a lot of snow. This is a picture from this weekend at my buddies camp.
Not much flying with the Anafi. Taking it slow as I really don't trust these things anymore. Any flights have been just short ones.

• Love
I've been flat out lately doing a lot of voluntary media work for the local chapter of a rather well known climate change movement that's been inconveniencing London lately. Finally had a morning to myself today & went to the local beach for some aerial photography as part of an ongoing motif, where I will explore various beaches, trying to unearth their unique qualities. Here's some explorations of this idea, in regular format & also in square format, which I am doing as two separate explorations along the same motif.

View attachment 1876

View attachment 1877

View attachment 1878

View attachment 1879

View attachment 1880

View attachment 1881
Great aerial photos, well done! Nice composition for the square format. They're all great shots but I thihnk the second is my favourite for the contrast, the colour and texture in the ocean and the people to give scale. Look forward to seeing more...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caddyb0y