Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bebop 2 dropped from the sky

Creighton

Reaction score
Hello fellow drone pilots. New one here. Received my Bebop 2 for Christmas (awesome wife!). I have just over two hours of total flight time and around 30 flights. I was flying it just the other day and after about 10 minutes I asked for it to come home. It did and just as it was about to get to the home position it dropped from the sky from about 35 meters. Needless to say broken camera, bent prop shafts, busted nose cone. Looking at the flight in the Free flight PRO app battery was just under 60 %. Showed an error of comms with the motors. Wat gives did I do something wrong?

Hello fellow drone pilots. New one here. Received my Bebop 2 for Christmas (awesome wife!). I have just over two hours of total flight time and around 30 flights. I was flying it just the other day and after about 10 minutes I asked for it to come home. It did and just as it was about to get to the home position it dropped from the sky from about 35 meters. Needless to say broken camera, bent prop shafts, busted nose cone. Looking at the flight in the Free flight PRO app battery was just under 60 %. Showed an error of comms with the motors. Wat gives did I do something wrong?

Definitely sounds like you have a warranty issue. Contact Parrot with information. Sorry to hear this. It is a good drone but Murphy be watching you.

Creighton, sorry to hear about your crash - sounds very similar to what happened to me, also with a new bebop 2 purchased just after Christmas - seemed to just cut out while in the air (see new thread). It's happened three times, all at low altitude, so no major damage, but clearly something's not right. I'm going to see if I can exhange it at the shop where I bought it.

Contacted Parrot and they referred me back to the third party seller on Amazon. They said they dont take crashed drones back. Original call with Parrot created a case file. Did exactly what the tech person said and replied to the case number email they sent to me. I have replied twice and crickets from Parrot. This thing was a week old and fell from the sky at over 60 meters. It is destroyed. My wife is pissed. I am pissed. I (we) will never purchase another Parrot product again.

During the flight, have you received a warning or something just before it went down?

Contacted Parrot and they referred me back to the third party seller on Amazon. They said they dont take crashed drones back. Original call with Parrot created a case file. Did exactly what the tech person said and replied to the case number email they sent to me. I have replied twice and crickets from Parrot. This thing was a week old and fell from the sky at over 60 meters. It is destroyed. My wife is pissed. I am pissed. I (we) will never purchase another Parrot product again.
Same thing happed to me I didn't waste my time with Parrot they don't know like these forms know about the bebop2. I crashed mine broke the frame the camera and one of my motors. Hell fixed everything myself and felt great about it..so don't get rid of it fix it or sell it to me because ill fix it and fly the propellers off that bebop2.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame