Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bebop 2 FPV Pack

eckydrone200

Reaction score
Just waiting for my FPV pack to arrive, (Gonna be a long week) However can anyone tell me if this is the one with the problem battery in the Skycontroller 2 or is it just pot luck what you get as I read elsewhere that it was the Power pack that had the dodgy battery but others say it can be in either pack.

all depends on the color of joysticks, silver has big battery... black has small cylinder battery which i have, i was having trouble and after several charges my skycontroller 2 is now working better..i have small one cell battery , just flew the other day , when thru 2 batteries on my bebop 2 and controller was at 72 percent....i read online the range is a lot better with the black joysticks , has bigger antennas on skycontroller.....

Geesh I hope I have the black sticks for range but without the problems lol...I just ordered one aswell

I had the one with the black joystick and the cylinder battery, the range and the charge was awfull.
Parrot is in the process of replacing it

all depends on the color of joysticks, silver has big battery... black has small cylinder battery which i have, i was having trouble and after several charges my skycontroller 2 is now working better..i have small one cell battery , just flew the other day , when thru 2 batteries on my bebop 2 and controller was at 72 percent....i read online the range is a lot better with the black joysticks , has bigger antennas on skycontroller.....
Thanks for the info. That confirms what I have read too. How do you store your batteries? I have read they should be discharged to around 40% but wondering if this is absolutely crucial.

Well I have the black sticks.. never tried the drone yet too cold to play out for me lol but I think I'm returning it to save and wait on a Anafi or something else that may pop up

Hey eckydrone200.
I bought the Bebop 2 Fpv pack and it came with the black joysticks and cylinder battery. Problems right from go leading to total failure. New controller is silver sticks and larger rect battery. About a dozen flights now with only one issue and that was losing connection at about 800 meters out, the video i got shows the moment of signal loss, (stopped moving, waited 3 seconds and rth kicked in.) Regained connection while it was returning. It was pretty cool out though, only about 9' C and the drone battery was at about 35%. in all, except for the problem controllers I'm loving this thing.

Hey eckydrone200.
I bought the Bebop 2 Fpv pack and it came with the black joysticks and cylinder battery. Problems right from go leading to total failure. New controller is silver sticks and larger rect battery. About a dozen flights now with only one issue and that was losing connection at about 800 meters out, the video i got shows the moment of signal loss, (stopped moving, waited 3 seconds and rth kicked in.) Regained connection while it was returning. It was pretty cool out though, only about 9' C and the drone battery was at about 35%. in all, except for the problem controllers I'm loving this thing.
Sad part is if they took the best of both controllers would be awesome...I have blk sticks ..you have silver now take my atennenas lol perfect control

My FPV pack has been returned to Parrot for replacement.
They told me they were replacing because of the round battery in the skycontroller. My controller had black sticks. I had bad range and bad battery life. I could only get 3-400 meters before signal loss. Parrot told me round battery can cause this.
Curious to see what they send back.

Reactions: Skyhighjay
FPV pack bought in December, blue LED, power battery and black stick controller with cylindrical battery. No issues with the controller in range (1.2 km longest so far) or battery life (multiple flights). Perhaps I got lucky...

FPV pack bought in December, blue LED, power battery and black stick controller with cylindrical battery. No issues with the controller in range (1.2 km longest so far) or battery life (multiple flights). Perhaps I got lucky...

Hopefully you will never have any problems.
Save your receipt though just in case. They will want to see that in the event you do start having problems.

Yep. Actually, I did have a problem - not with the controller but with the drone, which shut-down mid-flight on three occasions. I exchanged the whole kit. The replacement kit has the same combination of parts, and so far all is working well, but I've not made many flights since the exchange so I'll have to wait and see whether any issues emerge...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut