Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bebop 2 Freeflight Pro camera lagging.

Aspect

Reaction score
Hello,
I don't have Skycontroller 2 but I want to ask if it fixes the camera lag. I mean in the Freeflight Pro app the preview of the drone's camera lags like in an old TV. There are distortions, weird stripes and the camera preview refreshes really often. I wonder if Skycontroller 2 really does increase the range that much so that the camera does not lag. WHEN I WATCH RECORDED VIDEO EVERYTHING'S OK. The only thing lagging is the camera preview on the screen in app. Will Skycontroller 2 stop the lagging? My drone is set to fly on 5GHz.

Is this happening all the time, or only when the drone is a little way away? This normally happens when you are on the brink of losing connection. Range with the phone only is only a couple of hundred meters; the skycontroller 2 increases range significantly. With the phone, 2.4GHz will generally give slightly better range than 5GHz.

Is this happening all the time, or only when the drone is a little way away? This normally happens when you are on the brink of losing connection. Range with the phone only is only a couple of hundred meters; the skycontroller 2 increases range significantly. With the phone, 2.4GHz will generally give slightly better range than 5GHz.

Yea. It's happening all the time even when I hold the drone in my hands. I tried flying it on 2.4GHz as well but the results were the same as on 5GHz.

Hello,
I don't have Skycontroller 2 but I want to ask if it fixes the camera lag. I mean in the Freeflight Pro app the preview of the drone's camera lags like in an old TV. There are distortions, weird stripes and the camera preview refreshes really often. I wonder if Skycontroller 2 really does increase the range that much so that the camera does not lag. WHEN I WATCH RECORDED VIDEO EVERYTHING'S OK. The only thing lagging is the camera preview on the screen in app. Will Skycontroller 2 stop the lagging? My drone is set to fly on 5GHz.

If you fly on your phone's Wi-Fi signal without a controller, you can't expect more than 25-50 meter range. Thereby you are constantly flying on the border of what gives a solid signal and has LAG and the mentioned "stripes" on the screen. That you use 5.8 GHz instead of 2.4 GHz will not help you reach the range.

I fly myself with a Disco and SC2 and have clear and LAG free signal on video feed at a distance of 500+ meters. I have never flown further away since it is against my country's laws but i expect a range of at least 2000+ meter without problems.

That you are flying with an SC2 will surely give you a clear video feed and a much mutch longer range.

Regards, Leif.

Last edited:
If you fly on your phone's Wi-Fi signal without a controller, you can't expect more than 25-50 meter range. Thereby you are constantly flying on the border of what gives a solid signal and has LAG and the mentioned "stripes" on the screen. That you use 5.8 GHz instead of 2.4 GHz will not help you reach the range.

I fly myself with a Disco and SC2 and have clear and LAG free signal on video feed at a distance of 500+ meters. I have never flown further away since it is against my country's laws but i expect a range of at least 2000+ meter without problems.

That you are flying with an SC2 will surely give you a clear video feed and a much mutch longer range.

Regards, Leif.

Thansk. That's the answer I was looking for.

Reactions: Landbo
Question: What device are you flying with?

Older phones and tablets with less that 6 or 8 core processors often produce video lag. My old iPad still flies my Bebop2, but the video lag is over 2 seconds. Galaxy S4 phone? about 1 second lag. My Galaxy Tab S2 and iPhone 6s have minimal lag.

FPV video quality and lag time are 2 different animals. Leif's answers address your video quality issues, but if you have a video lag problem you may need a more powerful control device (phone/tablet).

That was the video quality problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adel91