Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bebop 2 Router Booster mod & Sky Controller 2 Booster Mod

Regular bebop 2 battery has small circut board yet solaris is selling battery mod kit to use common lipo batterys without board,it works without any problems as long you have right lipo,,....it is same with skycontroller 2P battery
Thanks again for the formative BB2 battery information, appreciate the help. Recently purchased 2 new SC2P batteries, for my current SC2P Skycontroller 2 with Solaris mods.

The 1S LiPo Battery mod link you provided has my interest, going to order another SC2P controller tonight they are currently inexpensive, I’ll mod this SCP2 controller with the 1S LiPo battery mod and add two of Solaris amplifiers so this controller is boosted as well.

These SC2P controllers are auctually getting better reception, the two larger patch antennas have 100% more antenna surface than the regular 4 small patch antenna Skycontroller 2 models. The SC2P controllers are a blessing in disguise, although they are having issues with the battery it is a much better controller due to the enhanced signal. So far I’m not having issues with the SC2P battery, less flights per charge but the boosted signal sure is nice to have.

Happy flying,
Paul

Solaris's mods are always very strong....:love:
Yes, Solaris mods are great! The only down fall is eventually the amplifier on the drone will burn out, I’ve had two burn out in the drones. The amplifiers on the Sky controllers are still going strong, no issues there. Ive purchased several of the drone camera amplifiers, extras on hand for future replacements. You may want to purchase an extra one or two for the drone, always good having a spare or two.

Happy flying,
Paul

Yes, Solaris mods are great! The only down fall is eventually the amplifier on the drone will burn out, I’ve had two burn out in the drones. The amplifiers on the Sky controllers are still going strong, no issues there. Ive purchased several of the drone camera amplifiers, extras on hand for future replacements. You may want to purchase an extra one or two for the drone, always good having a spare or two.

Happy flying,
Paul
Hi Paul,
Do you think this setup could prevent the amplifier on the drone from burning?

Let me know your thoughts.

Thank you,

Noel

Attachments

• 775393FA-A6CE-4AD3-A914-3047C0B31BB8.png
    775393FA-A6CE-4AD3-A914-3047C0B31BB8.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 24
  • 378798EE-FED2-4A8A-89F6-B37795C6801A.png
    378798EE-FED2-4A8A-89F6-B37795C6801A.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Hello Noel

I like this idea of the air intake, it’s very ingenious and simple to add. I’ll do the same with mine, any additional air intake will help cool the amplifier.

Originally, had mentioned on this forum I had two bebop 2 amplifiers burn up. Recently retested both that had stopped working, one was working again. That’s good news, in all, only one has burned up. Currently, have four Bebop 2 with Solaris mods that are still flying.

I’ll add those air ducks to my Bebop this week, great idea!

Thanks Noel,
Paul

Hi Paul,
Do you think this setup could prevent the amplifier on the drone from burning?

Let me know your thoughts.

Thank you,

Noel

Hello Noel

I like this idea of the air intake, it’s very ingenious and simple to add. I’ll do the same with mine, any additional air intake will help cool the amplifier.

Originally, had mentioned on this forum I had two bebop 2 amplifiers burn up. Recently retested both that had stopped working, one was working again. That’s good news, in all, only one has burned up. Currently, have four Bebop 2 with Solaris mods that are still flying.

I’ll add those air ducks to my Bebop this week, great idea!

Thanks Noel,
Paul

This is my first year flying drones, flew RC planes for years and before that COX .049 air planes back in the early seventies. Two good local friends interduced me to the drone hobby, and since thenhaven’t stopped this is probably one of the best hobbies on the planet.

My original hobby is history, enjoy research especially searching for long lost settlements of centuries ago. Drone flying, auctually helps with research and from high above can still see signs of lost settlements. Usually on cattle ranch land, farm or outer skirts of mountains range the signs are there if one knows what to search for.

I need top equipment, Parrot Bebop 2 is a remarkable drone. Especially with a Solaris Booster mod, when bebop 2 is fitted with a Router mod underneath the nose camera and Sky Controller 2 has the booster mod kit bebop 2 is a mean long distance low flying piece of equipment.

Solaris fitted my first Booster kit into the Sky Controller 2, later ordered another complete kit and this one I put together myself. While putting together the recent Sky Controller 2 mod kit, Had a hunch if I was to add larger antennas to it in theory it should boost the signal even more. And boy did it ever, Solaris booster mod kits are remarkable, hands down the best on the planet for low flying. I’ve built an FPVLR before and granded it’s good but not close to a Solaris Booster kit.

Now, With adding the larger antennas to a Solaris Booster mod kit low flying range was increased 28.57%. Auctually flew 1.8 miles at 16 feet elevation thought out the entire 1.8 miles. This was an area very tough to fly low, river embankment pervents even the best drones to get a good signal. Not sure what 16 feet elevation is in meters maybe 6 meters? That’s pretty darn low in my book.

Will post videos and pictures in the future, recently purchased an iPhone and iPhone so now I have the equipment to share flights in the future.

Thanks for your time, And a big thanks to Solaris (KM) for creating bebop 2 Booster mods.

Paul

View attachment 187View attachment 188View attachment 187View attachment 188
Where can I get the MAXX MOD antennas?

Where can I get the MAXX MOD antennas?
That company went out of business, eBay will be the gear source to find this particular set of antennas. Have patience, eventually a set of MAX antennas will surface on eBay.

Good luck

Reactions: JRow3
I've sourced the antennas, could you tell me the procedure to get it installed correctly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gearsgood