Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bebop 2 Set-up Solution

MarkyD

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Please be kind, I thought I would share a solution that I have found. Sorry if someone has posted this before.

Being a little older than usual, I thought I would take the plunge and treat my self, ergo I dipped my feet into drones.

I obtained a Bebop 2 FPV kit and went about setting this up.

Charged all the batteries, downloaded the app onto my phone and tried to connect the Skycontroller 2 to my drone, following the supplied instructions.

No matter what I did it would not connect and the power indicator on the Skycontroller 2 always flashed red.

Connection of drone to my phone went without a hitch but when I connected the Skycontroller 2 to my phone it would make the phone drop the connection to the bebop.

I found a solution.

I renamed my drone in the Freeflight Pro app and created a password for the drone

I then turned on wifi and turned off airport mode, could not get this to work otherwise.

I then powered everything off.

Turned on drone, then phone. Connected Skycontroller 2 to the phone and waited.

Freeflight Pro then identified the Skycontroller 2, I then selected the green connect button, to connect to my drone.

Skycontroller 2 then took a few seconds and the power indicator turned solid green, Everything works as expected.

Previously when I connected the phone and controller together it would disconnect from the drone and the controller took priority with the software.

Now I have a working drone. Hope this helps someone.

Mark

Hi Folks,

Please be kind, I thought I would share a solution that I have found. Sorry if someone has posted this before.

Being a little older than usual, I thought I would take the plunge and treat my self, ergo I dipped my feet into drones.

I obtained a Bebop 2 FPV kit and went about setting this up.

Charged all the batteries, downloaded the app onto my phone and tried to connect the Skycontroller 2 to my drone, following the supplied instructions.

No matter what I did it would not connect and the power indicator on the Skycontroller 2 always flashed red.

Connection of drone to my phone went without a hitch but when I connected the Skycontroller 2 to my phone it would make the phone drop the connection to the bebop.

I found a solution.

I renamed my drone in the Freeflight Pro app and created a password for the drone

I then turned on wifi and turned off airport mode, could not get this to work otherwise.

I then powered everything off.

Turned on drone, then phone. Connected Skycontroller 2 to the phone and waited.

Freeflight Pro then identified the Skycontroller 2, I then selected the green connect button, to connect to my drone.

Skycontroller 2 then took a few seconds and the power indicator turned solid green, Everything works as expected.

Previously when I connected the phone and controller together it would disconnect from the drone and the controller took priority with the software.

Now I have a working drone. Hope this helps someone.

Mark

Congratulations Mark,

I’m glad you were able to get the controller working with the phone, boy sounds like a nightmare.

I too fly bebop 2 with sky controller 2, great drone. Has a few minor issues, but overall the good outweighs the bad.

Hope you stay with it, happy flying.

Paul

I'm glad I found this. I've been having this same issue bought me the bebop 2 bundle worked fine with my galaxy j5 had it about a month then my phone crapped out on me. Got a newer galaxy I think a10 and started having the same problem you were having. It's been almost 5 months and all I've been able to do is use my phone to fly and that's no good. Cant wait to get home and try it out. Thank you it's been hell finding a solution I've been looking

I bought my first drone a few months ago. Since the Bebop 2 is now an older model I found a good deal for the package and the drone has all the features I need so the fact its an older model doesn't matter to me.

I found Youtube to be a big help in learning about this drone and how to fly. I haven't done much flying yet since its winter, but I plan on flying in the spring. Search youtube for bebop 2 and you will see a lot of good useful videos.

The phone I use for the skycontroller does not have a mobile plan, I also turn OFF Wifi so the skycontroller has the wifi signal.

The drone uses LiPo batteries so you have to be aware of how to charge and store these batteries. I bought a balance charger that also has a storage mode (charges/discharges the battery to 50% for storage)

Mike

Yeah the technique failed I can get the controller and drone to pair plug in my phone and all is good then click the large screen so I can start my flight and instantly I lose connection to both drone and controller. Its beyond annoying and I caught tooth and nail for this purchase.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lustar