Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bebop Won't Connect to New Tablet and Controller at the Same Time

DED_WRECKONING

Reaction score
Hi Everyone-

I am reaching out in hopes someone can assist me with my dilemma. I purchased my Bebop Power 2 as a bundle (bag, Skycontroller, etc.) about a year ago. I hooked it up to my Samsung Note 9 and loved every minute of flying. I decided to upgrade my screen to a Samsung Tab A (SM-T280) which I purchased from Best Buy about a week ago. In trying to connect everything I ran into some major issues. I am not able to connect my controller to the tablet and to the drone. It seems they connect when standing alone (controller to the BP2 or tablet to the BP2), but not all three working together like they used to. I called the Parrot tech support and that was a dead-end. Everything is updated to the newest version, but whenever I try to link all three together things crap out. I have changed the USB cable several times and everything is fully charged at all times. My drone has never been crashed and has no mods except for some lighting underneath, but that is a stand-alone system not tied to the drone in any way. I am at a complete loss. I am willing to do a full reset of everything, but I am hoping there is something I am missing. I would appreciate and welcome any and all advice. If a full reset is necessary I would greatly appreciate the step-by-step guide to assist me with that. I appreciate all your time in advance, thank you.

Chris

Agree,this is not bebop problem,it is tablet-skycontroller problem....try using cable you used with old samsung....

Hi Everyone-

I am reaching out in hopes someone can assist me with my dilemma. I purchased my Bebop Power 2 as a bundle (bag, Skycontroller, etc.) about a year ago. I hooked it up to my Samsung Note 9 and loved every minute of flying. I decided to upgrade my screen to a Samsung Tab A (SM-T280) which I purchased from Best Buy about a week ago. In trying to connect everything I ran into some major issues. I am not able to connect my controller to the tablet and to the drone. It seems they connect when standing alone (controller to the BP2 or tablet to the BP2), but not all three working together like they used to. I called the Parrot tech support and that was a dead-end. Everything is updated to the newest version, but whenever I try to link all three together things crap out. I have changed the USB cable several times and everything is fully charged at all times. My drone has never been crashed and has no mods except for some lighting underneath, but that is a stand-alone system not tied to the drone in any way. I am at a complete loss. I am willing to do a full reset of everything, but I am hoping there is something I am missing. I would appreciate and welcome any and all advice. If a full reset is necessary I would greatly appreciate the step-by-step guide to assist me with that. I appreciate all your time in advance, thank you.

Chris

Unfortunately, I feel your problem is due to the tablet you just bought. A quad core processor with 1.3 GHz clock is not the fastest in the world. Furthermore, your tablet has only 1.5 GB of RAM built in, which is probably in the lover end for what FF Pro needs to run smoothly.

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7.0 WiFi SM-T280

When your tablet is running Android 5.x you may need to open Android in developer mode. You do this in Android setup last page by tapping 7 times on the field that is typically called developer-mode / expert mode or something like that. Once you've done that, there's a great chance that the tablet and the controller will talk to each other.

Wish you good luck, greeting Leif.

Concur Turn off everything that is not needed on you device. There are so many interupts generated on these tablets that can cause problems. I have found that the device is only used for drone nothing else works best. I use a Note 3 and a Tab S2 for Bebop 2 thermal Disco and Anafi. No DJI drones they have there own device . No email no nothing.

Unfortunately I have yet to find an app on PlayStore that turns all notifications off with one click

The most reliable startup sequence I have found is: (be good to hear what others have found)
1-Turn on drone
2-Turn on controller
3-Turn on app

This works with my Parrot and DJI drones

Thank you all for your responses. This tablet was purchased for the sole intent of use with the BB2. I literally have nothing else installed.

@Flipper - I have tried roughly 7-10 different cables and each with the same effect. I know some cables out there are for power only while others are power/data. I've gone through my collection and nada.

@Skydreamer - Sadly the note uses a USB 3, I believe (the oval type connector), while the Tab uses a micro USB connector.

@Landbo - I did actually click into the dev options at the direction of Parrot Tech Support. They advised I should be looking for something along the lines of USB settings, but I wasn't able to locate the needed setting. I tried for a good 10 minutes going line by line. I am beginning to think I just need to pull the trigger on a better tablet, but am sort of stuck with the 8" limit as the SC2 can only hold up to that size device. Unless I am missing some cool trick to run a 10" or something like that it seems I am limited.

@IronSky1 - I have racked my brain trying every possible combination of connections. All have been an epic fail.

I really appreciate you all taking the time to try and help me out. Thank you.

Thank you all for your responses. This tablet was purchased for the sole intent of use with the BB2. I literally have nothing else installed.

@Landbo - I did actually click into the dev options at the direction of Parrot Tech Support. They advised I should be looking for something along the lines of USB settings, but I wasn't able to locate the needed setting. I tried for a good 10 minutes going line by line. I am beginning to think I just need to pull the trigger on a better tablet, but am sort of stuck with the 8" limit as the SC2 can only hold up to that size device. Unless I am missing some cool trick to run a 10" or something like that it seems I am limited.

I really appreciate you all taking the time to try and help me out. Thank you.

Provided your Sky Controller 2 is not defective, it is hard to buy a tablet specifically for flying that doesn't work. Before you buy a new tablet, I suggest you try SC2 with a phone / tablet that runs at least Android 7.x to check.

I do not really understand that a SC2 cannot hold a tablet > 8 ". My SC2 I am using with a 10.1" tablet. Just push the holder down and turn it 90 degrees and then viola ......................... ;)

When you have to buy a new tablet to fly with, I suggest you buy one with both GPS, barometer and compass built in as you then have full functionality in FFP's Follow Me mode and on the compass on the screen. However, you must be aware that finding a tablet with all the mentioned features can be a problem.

Wish you good luck, sincerely, Leif.

Provided your Sky Controller 2 is not defective, it is hard to buy a tablet specifically for flying that doesn't work. Before you buy a new tablet, I suggest you try SC2 with a phone / tablet that runs at least Android 7.x to check.

I do not really understand that a SC2 cannot hold a tablet > 8 ". My SC2 I am using with a 10.1" tablet. Just push the holder down and turn it 90 degrees and then viola ......................... ;)

When you have to buy a new tablet to fly with, I suggest you buy one with both GPS, barometer and compass built in as you then have full functionality in FFP's Follow Me mode and on the compass on the screen. However, you must be aware that finding a tablet with all the mentioned features can be a problem.

Wish you good luck, sincerely, Leif.

Thanks Leif for pointing out the pivot thing on the holder. I totally forgot I could do that. As you can see I am kind of new to this drone. Well, I have exhausted all possible options and variations to get this **** tablet to connect. I had to do a hard reset on the drone because suddenly I lost WiFi. My PB2 wasn't putting out a signal at all. Now that things are back to normal, I am taking input on the tablet I should purchase so I can get a bigger screen. My Note 9 works well enough to fly line-of-site, but I need a larger viewing area. Once again, thank you all for your time, patience, and input on this issue.

Reactions: Landbo
Hello DED-Wreckoning,

You’ve probably already solved the non- Connection issue. But in case you didn’t, try rebooting your phone or tablet. This happened to me today, my phone wouldn’t connect to Sky controller 2. But my tablet did, so rebooted phone and it’s connecting again to controller 2.

Hope this helps,
Paul

Concur Turn off everything that is not needed on you device. There are so many interupts generated on these tablets that can cause problems. I have found that the device is only used for drone nothing else works best. I use a Note 3 and a Tab S2 for Bebop 2 thermal Disco and Anafi. No DJI drones they have there own device . No email no nothing.

Unfortunately I have yet to find an app on PlayStore that turns all notifications off with one click

The most reliable startup sequence I have found is: (be good to hear what others have found)
1-Turn on drone
2-Turn on controller
3-Turn on app

This works with my Parrot and DJI drones
I just got the Power Edition model and also using a Samsung TabA and it just WOULD NOT hook-up to either the bird or skycontroller until I used the sequence you described,and it works FINE now.

Jim

Yesterday I had a project to film a property and took along my Galaxy Tab S2 on which I had previously developed a detailed flight plan. When I tried to connect the Skycontroller, Anafi and Galaxy, I could not get them to talk to each other. After a very frustrating 15 minutes I defaulted to my iPhone 7+ and everything worked fine. I did not have the time to redesign the flight plan on such short notice so I had to do the flight manually.
Today I tried to figure out what was wrong and after trying several times to connect the Galaxy, Anafi and Skycontroller, and initiating each in various different sequences; and reading about the subject matter on the forums, I looked around for another cable and found a pretty thick one that must have come with some other electronic. Low and behold it worked perfectly and everything now connects beautifully. I had not realized that the thin cable I was using was only for charging and did not provide data transfer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut