Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

best phone to run freeflight 6 without issues?

jason38

Reaction score
Hi,
I did my first flight with my ANAFI today. Flies great, but not so far , I lost connections with the drone under 100m, in a clear area with no wifi networks around... First disapointment...and a big one when you fly it after owning a mavic pro,which was able to fly few Km away without any interferences ...So,it was my first "emergency" RTH...

The other issue I met was the unability to make proper zoom.. It lags a lot, even when signal is strong...
I use a iPad mini 2. I know it's an old device, and I wanted to know if you guys already experienced lags while zoom/unzoom with this kind of device?

I wonder if I need to buy a better phone to run freeflight 6...
I read that a modded freeflight version can also improve signal strenght , but only runs on Android...
If I need to install this app, I'll need Android device, but I'm afraid about this: I used an Android device first with my mavic pro on DJIGO4, and it was laggy and I experienced a lot of freezes ...
Is there same issues with freeflight 6 and Android?
Which is the best Android phone to use with freeflight 6?

Thanks a lot for your advices!!

[QUOTE = "jason38, publicación: 27734, miembro: 5053"]
Hola,
Hice mi primer vuelo con mi ANAFI hoy. Vuela genial, pero no tan lejos, perdí las conexiones con el dron por debajo de los 100 metros, en un área despejada sin redes wifi alrededor ... Primera decepción ... y una grande cuando vuelas después de tener un mavic pro, que era capaz de volar a pocos kilómetros de distancia sin interferencias ... Entonces, fue mi primer RTH de "emergencia" ...

El otro problema que encontré fue la imposibilidad de hacer un zoom adecuado ... Se retrasa mucho, incluso cuando la señal es fuerte ...
Uso un iPad mini 2. Sé que es un dispositivo antiguo, y quería saber si ustedes ya experimentaron retrasos al hacer zoom / unzoom con este tipo de dispositivo.

Me pregunto si necesito comprar un teléfono mejor para ejecutar Freeflight 6 ...
Leí que una versión modificada de vuelo libre también puede mejorar la intensidad de la señal, pero solo se ejecuta en Android ...
Si necesito instalar esta aplicación, necesitaré un dispositivo Android, pero tengo miedo de esto: primero utilicé un dispositivo Android con mi mavic pro en DJIGO4, y fue lento y experimenté muchas congelaciones ...
¿Hay los mismos problemas con Freeflight 6 y Android?
¿Cuál es el mejor teléfono Android para usar con Freeflight 6?

Muchas gracias por tus consejos !!
[/CITAR]
por For my opinion the best phone for that drone is the Samsung S8 plus is the one I use for the Anafi and I do very well Greetings

iPhone XR has been great. Big screen and runs smooth. Anafi doesn’t go very far tho :( I have the same issue.

OK, Thank you, I'll probably go for s8... but I need to check a few more options before spending so much money!! :(

Yep it sucks that a drone like that can't reach at least 500m!! Modded version of freeflight 6 seems to work better for some people here, thats why I wanna try one an android device...(in europe only as I read in some topics...) Maybe Freeflight 6 is less bugged than DJI GO4...

thanks guys!

Reactions: Luis Gálvez
Android is better for FCC and range with mod app, iOS is better for stitching panoramas quicker

There is no comparing range between a Mavic Pro (Occusync) and Anafi (wifi). The farthest I've gone with the Anafi in my heavy wifi interference neighborhood is 500' at a height of 300' and things start to break up. I don't know the limit of my MP in that same area because the connection is rock solid as far as I can fly it before losing sight of it.

That said the Anafi with FF6 is easier to set-up, I think I've only had to calibrate the compass twice (MP every time I fly), the interface is easier to navigate and flight planning is very straight forward.

Agreed on the DJI Occusync . I use a Samsung Note 5 and S8+ for cell type and use Samsung Tab S3 for large screen work like Flight Plan or Licthi.
I set the WIfi to Do Not reconnect automatically. I can go 1000ft with Anafi (though I try to stay at 500 since it is so hard to see the Anafi. My Inspire 2 will go to far if I let it so would my Mavic 2 . I try to keep the geometry fence to 600 dist by 300 height on all drones. My devices are all setup to only fly not receive all kinds of messages (Iuse sim less operation so no phone calls). I run DJI go 4 and 5 DJI FLY and FF6 on all of them with no problems. I found that dedicating the device is safest plan. Plenty used phones on Ebay.

iPhone 11 is nice - 1.4km without problem. Became a bit nervous and returned home :cool:
However was in rural area/coastline - likely to make a difference.
@Jason - your 100m sound odd!

I understand the phone's wifi must be off when flying with the controller, and the antenna is somewhat directional, so you need to keep your controller turned toward the drone. Do you fly without the Skycontroller ?

Water and metallic objects are mentioned as possible sources of interferences for wifi transmission. There are powerlines across a lot I want to "study", I hope the wifi and Anafi can handle that.

About the phone, I just bought a new Wiko View 3 for my Anafi. My Samsung Xcover was too thick for the SC3, which is sad, I think a rugged phone is better for outdoors. The issue with any phone is that the screen is never large or luminous enough, when the sun shines and many details (branches, etc) are in the field !

Thanks gus For all tour replies!
So, I bought a phone that has a large and bright screen that fit in the controler ... and powerful, that it will not lag.
I bought a Samsung A7, and Its great, no lag and a good view in app.
I managed to get a good distance while flying, with manual wifi band viewer, that allows to see which wifi band is free to use... 1km flight, in a interference free zone, that is enought for me!!
But yes, signal strenght is very weak compared to a mavic pro occusync...
Thanks again guys! Have safe and great flights! ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame