Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Blacked out sections on Google maps

Island Xpress

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I must have overseen an important change but can't find a thread to this problem.
Had never problems to download maps. But now when I start downloading a map it goes only to 2 of 17 tiles, then seems to enter a blacked out area and comes to a hold.

Are there any new settings?
How can I download my maps again?
Thanks
Dietrich

I have run into this many times in the area I live northwest of Chicago. I have found if start google maps and let it find my location accuratly and the re-load the maps it works. No idea why. In some cases I gave had to restart tablet or phone and load google maps.

Reactions: jspg and BRC
Hello Iron Sky
Thanks for your replay, have tried it but unfortunately no success here.
In the meantime I have made many experiments. But I could never get some of the satellite ties of my neighborhood in full detail. In street view everything including full detail maps is ok.
Have tried to find other areas with the same fault. Except near an area in Germany were I was also flying several times everything looked good . (Have tried about 30 locations all over the world, all ok)
Have installed several versions of FF6 - no change.
Have installed FF6 on devices where it never was installed before. Same problems .
Here are my coordinates:
28.09445, -16.71030
Have checked the area on Google Earth, satellite picture is ok,also with high details.
From all of this my conclusion is that there is something wrong in Parrot’s server. As it seems to be only in areas where I have been flying several times, I'm feeling a bit guilty, but don't know how I could have scrambled up something in their server?
Any suggestions

No idea have not expirenced that. Not sure what Parrot server would have to do with maps. Flight data will indicate no GPS if it was not available. and just show a generic world map.

Works for me

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-03-28_102702.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-03-28_102702.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_2022-03-28_102834.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-03-28_102834.jpg
    808.1 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_2022-03-28_102853.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-03-28_102853.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5
can you download maps in FF6 of my coordinats?

28.09445, -16.71030
Hi Island Xpress
I was able to download maps of your coordinates yesterday without any issues
I was going to try to see where maps are stored or cached on my device but have not had a chance to do so yet

On rare occasions I have also encountered issues with downloading maps. Sometimes it just hangs on loading tiles other times it may not load all tiles and I end up with blacked out areas. When this happens I just reload map and all is well

pproblem solved, - as it came it went.

The missing tiles became available again one by one, now all is ok.
Had the problem on all of my 5 different tablets. and smartphones with varios andrid versions (7 to 12)
very strange

Reactions: BRC
pproblem solved, - as it came it went.

The missing tiles became available again one by one, now all is ok.
Had the problem on all of my 5 different tablets. and smartphones with varios andrid versions (7 to 12) ok
very strange
That is good news, sometimes if you ignore a problem long enough it will correct itself or just become unimportant
BTW when I first replied I tested on an iPhone which worked fine as it uses apple maps. A few days latter I tested multiple times on an android device and I experienced the exact same issue you had. Likely was an issue between Google maps loading into FF6
Happy flying

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Critinator