Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Both birds (Anafi and XSP) are grounded....can't fly in this weather

slvervper99

Reaction score
I haven't flown any of my drones this past week and probably up to next week due to our weather here in Illinois particularly in Chicago and the near suburbs....rain late last week and turned into snow....now our temperature today is -5 F and a wind chill of -25 F. I haven't really tested how well a full battery will hold up in this weather but seeing some assumptions that some crashes and/or weird drone behaviors occur in cold weather. Didn't want to try my fate :D...so they are both grounded until the weather warms up a bit. :)

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
I don't blame you for not wanting to fly but don't let the wind chill stop you. It has really no effect other then on you. :)

The only effect wind chill has on inanimate objects, such as car radiators and water pipes, is to more quickly cool the object to cool to the current air temperature. Object will NOT cool below the actual air temperature.

A few days later somebody put it to the test :p

"Parrot ANAFI set to follow me crossing a Frozen lake. -7F / - 22 C The lake is roughly 1.5 miles long. The ANAFI had 50% battery to spare." video is 5 minutes so I would guess around 10-12min flight time?

Reactions: DutchMountains
:eek: that is cold, I've not flown the Anafi for a while now. Got tired of taking videos of my subdivision. :LOL:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut