Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Bought a new (1.6.0) Anafi but can't use FCC channels (Canada)

anafi_zoo

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to Parrot/Anafi.

I haven't updated (or flown) it yet, but after installing the FF6_6.6.0.1_FCC.apk and looking through the settings, I can't see the FCC channels. Just wondering if that's a limitation of 1.6.0 and if updating the firmware via the modded apk will unlock the new channels. I'm in Canada (and this is an old firmware) so I didn't expect this would happen.

I understand that firmware can't be downgraded and I need to be careful. What should my next steps be to update to modded 1.6.3 and unlock FCC?

edit: has anyone successfully ADB'd to the Anafi/SC3?

Thanks!

If you are using the modded APK you should be able to see the correct Channels for FCC Mode, if you look at the channel indicator, FCC mode is indicated by being able to see channels 36 to 48 on the screen.

If you cannot see them, then you are in CE Mode.

You do NOT want to upgrade beyond 1.6.3, nor do you want to update the batteries. After 1.6.3 and battery update, thats when all the issues started.

Regarding ADB.... Yes you can ADB to the SC3. Unfortunately not a lot to see.

How should I go about updating to 1.6.3?

Does 1.6.3 have an altitude restriction or any significant changes from 1.6.0?

How should I go about updating to 1.6.3?

Does 1.6.3 have an altitude restriction or any significant changes from 1.6.0?
There is no height restriction in 1.6.3. This is what I recorded:
There is a lot of change:
- Cinematic and Racing speed modes
- Arcade control mode
- VR mode and glasses support
- EV trigger instead of the zoom control
- Small dots below the GPS signal indicate the satellites
- Improved gimbal calibration (which has since sometimes been weird and needs to be restarted)

that's all I can think of.

Thanks!

How do I update to this firmware?

Do I need to update my SC3 too? It's on 1.6.1.

Just got my anafi. In UK. Before I downloaded freeflight from play store I turned on VPN and selected us West and turned on fake GPS then downloaded over network not wifi. Left wifi on but had it forget home network. Plugged into new drone and went through set up. (New firmware) and behold seem to have all channels Inc fcc had quick test in garden but bit windy. I'm flying in airplane mode with VPN and fake GPS still on but concerned if I loose signal will it fly off as location is us or if I turn fake GPS off will I loose fcc channels

The Anafi is having YOUR location/the location from the time, it got a GPS fix!
It is NOT connected to your fake GPS, that is just doing the thing for the App and the phone

Reactions: anafi_zoo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ritchh