Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Broken Arm - Hinge Needed?

griceforest

Reaction score
Hi All,
New to this page but thought I would give it a go as Parrot aren't very helpful at all.
I bought the Anafi a few months back, had fun with it and have treated it with nothing but care. After around 7 weeks of using it, I took it out the bag and went to use it and 1 of the arms would not lock into place.
I have gotten in touch with Parrot etc. and they have done an investigation (with my shared flight data) and claimed it had suffered hard landings/crashes. This is completely untrue and I am awaiting a response from me escalating it further.
Looks to me as though I am going to have to attempt to repair it myself.
However, I don't want to open Anafi up until I know for sure that the warranty is not going to cover me. But I was wondering if anybody knew where I could maybe get just a new hinge? Parrot only pointed me in the direction of a whole repair kit worth £89.99 which is not necessary as I do not need 4 new arms and whatever else comes with the kit.
Can anybody assist?
Thanks in Advance.

If you are mechanically inclined you can attempt repairing the hinge - couple of circlips, springs and lots of fiddling (ask me how I know!!) -or- a new motor kit.

20190917_163940.jpg

Last edited:
If you are mechanically inclined you can attempt repairing the hinger - couple of circlips, springs and lots of fiddling (ask me how I know!!) -or- a new motor kit.

View attachment 4630
I am not entirely sure what the actual issue is yet as I haven't opened it up. Waiting on Parrot to get back to me still but not hopeful. Do you think I should try and fix the hinge?

I am not entirely sure what the actual issue is yet as I haven't opened it up. Waiting on Parrot to get back to me still but not hopeful. Do you think I should try and fix the hinge?

Well if it is no go with Parrot and the warranty, you will have no other option but to sort it out yourself.

Pretty certain it will be the hinge at issue but what is actually wrong with the hinge that is harder to determine - it could be dirt, or a break in one of the plastic crown parts. Also seen them bent in the middle which causes one side to click in place.

Only way to know would be to slide that hinge out and inspect.

I have a brand new Anafi thermal with my rear right arm unable to lock in place. The other three arms lick perfectly. Provided the case to Parrot . How many days do they take to provide a feedback.

I have a brand new Anafi thermal with my rear right arm unable to lock in place. The other three arms lick perfectly. Provided the case to Parrot . How many days do they take to provide a feedback.
Did you get an auto reply email with a case number? If so call them to follow up. I've has 5 replacements and it always started with a call.

Reactions: sibujacob
Did you get an auto reply email with a case number? If so call them to follow up. I've has 5 replacements and it always started with a call.
Actually I am going thro the authorized distributor from UAE. So they replied that they are following up the case.

I went to the distributor who said they no longer had liability so sent me to Parrot. At first I called Parrot but have now been in touch via email. However they do take around 5-7 days to respond even though they say 3-5.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut