Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Buying DJI Mini 2

• Thread starter Deleted member 3201
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3201

Hi I am thinking of buying a Mini 2;
It has a 4K camera, 31min flight time and ocusync 2. Also 249 gram weight

bad parts: limited gimbal motion, possible flight restrictions.

what are your thoughts?

Yes I have been thinking about getting one. What I like is the size so it can be stored in a large pocket of a jacket for hiking. Having 10km (6 miles) ocuSync 2.0 HD Video Transmission on a small UAV like that would be great. Also with the improved wind resistance that is a bonus from a small UAV. There are now two unboxing videos and it seems it will be announced officially on Nov. 3rd. Reason its called the Mini 2 it goes with the Pocket 2 that just came out. Looking forward to some real time reviews first before I make a decision on buying one.

Reactions: Deleted member 3201
I am going to try and pre order it. My Anafi Extended got scratches on it’s leg and damaged propeller when my brother in law flew it and during landing backed it up into a wall, 30cm above the ground. I told him to contact the insurance as I did not want to pay for his mistake. Turns out they refunded the entire anafi extended minus 50 euros and I got to keep the drone!
So I just replaced the props and flew it for hours; working perfect.

so now I got my anafi extended for 50 euro plus 16 euros official propellers. So like 70 euro for a perfect anafi extended is not too bad.

the anafi will be illegal in my country in a few months unless I get some diplomas so the mini 2 would be a nice investment to continue my hobby without being thrown in jail

Yes I have been thinking about getting one. What I like is the size so it can be stored in a large pocket of a jacket for hiking. Having 10km (6 miles) ocuSync 2.0 HD Video Transmission on a small UAV like that would be great. Also with the improved wind resistance that is a bonus from a small UAV. There are now two unboxing videos and it seems it will be announced officially on Nov. 3rd. Reason its called the Mini 2 it goes with the Pocket 2 that just came out. Looking forward to some real time reviews first before I make a decision on buying one.

If the smart features are expanded with tracking, many people will take this instead of mavic air 2 ... I don't think they will include ...

If the smart features are expanded with tracking, many people will take this instead of mavic air 2 ... I don't think they will include ...
I expect bitrate, picture options as well as tracking features will be limited compared to MA2

I am going to try and pre order it. My Anafi Extended got scratches on it’s leg and damaged propeller when my brother in law flew it and during landing backed it up into a wall, 30cm above the ground. I told him to contact the insurance as I did not want to pay for his mistake. Turns out they refunded the entire anafi extended minus 50 euros and I got to keep the drone!
So I just replaced the props and flew it for hours; working perfect.

so now I got my anafi extended for 50 euro plus 16 euros official propellers. So like 70 euro for a perfect anafi extended is not too bad.

the anafi will be illegal in my country in a few months unless I get some diplomas so the mini 2 would be a nice investment to continue my hobby without being thrown in jail
Hi Test2000

Sorry I am totally new.

May I ask on what basis it will be illegal for you to fly the Anafi? May I ask which country it is you are referring to?
Thank you
Best wishes
Stephen

Hi Test2000

Sorry I am totally new.

May I ask on what basis it will be illegal for you to fly the Anafi? May I ask which country it is you are referring to?
Thank you
Best wishes
Stephen

in the Netherlands it will be illegal to fly anything with a camera or above 250 gram without registration and in the case of Anafi, taking exams costing upwards of 1000 euros and more

Mini 2 is great, But it has also little cons. Battery not discharging, connection failures between a drone and a controller or a smartphone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edamame